1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI at FIAT Caffe, Pune - Caffe and Punto Sports Launch

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PuntoCrazer

PuntoCrazer

Thanks Sandipan. Will give a try( final).
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ------- They have given me the contact number of one of the Sales guys from Fiat Kerala (they claim he is the head). I have spoken to that gentleman and he has confirmed to me that they are no more dispatching 90HP Emotion-----
    Fiat India

There is no sales office of FIAT in KERALA(As per the data posted in the FIAT INDIA website).Seems they(dealer) have mislead you.
  3. PuntoCrazer

PuntoCrazer

Tried Mangesh at least 10 times today. No one picking up the phone. Wrote a mail.. Lets c.
  4. vks

vks

Bangalore
    Sales office in the factory may be closed today, being Saturday..Just check with another dealer in kerala, say KVR in Kannur over phone? 0497 283 7O 7O?

Drive a MJD Punto, you will never regret it! A diesel i20 is not worth your money.
    BTW, its still ok if you don't buy a Punto but not because of some TATA dealer!
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Have you faced the steering rattle issue in the i10? The i20 suffers more from the steering rattles and A/C issues and Hyundai & their dealer's response to the custsomers have been as good as Fiat's!

I am not sure how Fiat service is in the place you are located compared to Hyundai - maybe Hyundai's is better as you seem happy with the i10.

I feel Punto 90bhp Sport is what you should buy despite all the unreasonableness from Fiat about forcing this variant down everyone's throat. Trust me, one drive in the Punto & you will forget the extra premium you paid for the sport over the regular variant. The i20 will be a car that does not exist for you by then :).
  6. PuntoCrazer

PuntoCrazer

amit,

I did face the issue of steering rattle in the beginning. But that was taken care by Hyundai very quickly. About the Hyundai service, I never had a bad experience at all (last 3 years). Their service is excellent with my dealer. That was one of the reason of considering i20. However after couple of test drives, I changed my mind and decided to go with Punto. As far as Fiat service is concerned, no personal experience, but looks like not to Hyundai mark in my place. But the owners of Punto is not complaining much.

Well, as said earlier, the difference I had to pay between 90HP emotion and sports is around 50K. That is not good even after booking 90HP 2 weeks ahead of sports release. Fiat should do something about it. I am in touch with couple of guys from Fiat to see whether I can get Punto 90HP 2012.

If that does not work out, I may consider i20 back.
    Last edited: May 27, 2012
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You can simply go for punto for the steering feel. It is rock solid in any speed. ASS is not a deal breaker for it. Go for Punto it worth for every rupee you spend on it. :D
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Puntocrazer stock 90HP is not available because of Punto Sport and thats the confirmed news from FIAT Caffe sales head, Pune
  9. Please remove the @ in the email otherwise Mr Mangesh will get spammed .
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If this is indeed true, then it's one of the most stupid decision by Fiat. Now if there was something really exceptional which can't be done aftermarket this makes sense, but for all the sticker glory they can't shove us this sport.

The 90HP was sold with some discounts and it was making a case against the fully loaded i20, Swift etc. But now that the VFM is slowly eroding why would someone pick 90HP unless he really knows what this car is about - which 99% of Indians don't know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.