1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI at FIAT Caffe, Pune - Caffe and Punto Sports Launch

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by kedarbendre, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A story is coming to my mind. Once Shiva asked Markendaya's father Mrikandu, who had worshiped shiva for a son, whether he want a gifted son with a short life or a low intelligence one with a long life. Mrikandu being a wise man preferred the former one. Our new generations is lacking that wisdom and there is no surprise why there are some baseless criticism about punto.
    2 people like this.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This story is irrelevant to the rediff discussion. Many people are positive about the car's. Sure, there are a few giving the typical reactions you expect when you talk of Fiat but most seem positive about the brand and the car. I can see a lot of positives for the Fiat brand there. Question is why this positivity does not get translated into sales?
    3 people like this.
  3. dinesh.90hp

dinesh.90hp

Ludhiana
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The story is about wisdom of selection of his son not just wisdom of opinion. If shiva asked about just opinion there could have many Mrikandus(half mrikandus) like people who are positive about fiat but couldn't buy it . That explain the relevance of the story to to the last question:D

Let us wait and see the few months whether the service uncertainty is the actual cause of the like to love but hate to buy attitude. The new Fiat showrooms will give more confidence in buyers.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    2012-05-18 20.32.55.jpg

Lovely photograph! The Black Punto looks very sexy and the hint of the interiors gives the picture a uber cool look ;). And there is some eye candy standing next to the car as well! :)

And I loved the name of the drinks as well - Grande Punch , coolant , brake fluid - very innovative!
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Only FIAT is responsible to FIAT's fate in India today. After too much of complaints about TATA's service, they finally decided to do sales and service on their own. So far so good. To build the brand, they opened caffes, which is again great! The first FIAT only showroom opens in Hyderabad, Wonderful! Keep doing these.
    Then comes Punto sport 90HP, costlier than the Standard 90HP, not so great a move, I would say. Lots of of people have done better stuff with the 76HP model @ lesser cost and still looks much better than the sports version. FIAT needs to thouroughly understand how significant pricing is to the Indian market.

Take the story two networking giants Cisco(US) and Huwei(China): Cisco gives a router with 10 features at $100. Huwei sell a router that has the 10 features in Cisco router plus another 10 features at $10. Which one will you buy, especialy when there is competitive bidding...

When I went to Ford showroom recently, they were saying the "distance to empty" feature was first introduced in India in Figo. I told them three year-old Punto has this feature. She could not believe until I demoed it. I just told here there are several such first-in-class in Punto. It's high time FIAT hires some spirited guys for the marketing dept to sell these features, not just cars.
    6 people like this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    FIAT-INDIA should well train its Sales guys for he Features present in FIAT cars, Many of the sales guy at Tata don't have any knowledge about the cars.
  8. Its the story for FIAT not just in india but other international markets as well. FIAT padmini used to called as the doctors car when i was a kid and the NE was the only car apart from contessa that i used to drool over...so FIAT once had an image of a premium brand....FIAT sales were shrinking all over the world due to the lack of interest from FIAT heirs but once machhimo took over FIAT things are changing...look at what FIAT has done to Chrystler in US.. It is one of the best turn around stories in the history of automobiles...and now even FIAT 500 sells in very good number and is becoming a craze for the US people...My friend works for an auto magazine and he recently and as per him....FIAT thinks that launching new models in india might not again work as the product has never been the problem its the sales and service which gave an impression of FIAT being a poor company. The idea is to get FIAT exclusive service centers and showrooms in 10-15 major indian cities and then launch a small car...infact the road map shown to prospective showroom owners says that FIAT will launch a sub 4 lack car to get them the volume by end of this year or beginign of 2013...and then followed by the international version of punto, new linea is on its way and can even get launched this year:) and FIAT freemont (chrystler journey). Jeep brand will be sold through exclusive JEEP showrooms as well as FIAT/chrystler showrooms...so wait for one year atleast before expecting newer power terrains and cars from FIAT. their factory doesnt have the bandwidth to produce newer engines expect multijet and FIRE for atleast 2012 (they have commitments to produce engines for maruti and RIO and possibly cheve SAIL (yes its comming with a FIAT multijet engine) which will make its debut soon...so i expect new models from FIAT group of companies only by 2013 not before that....till then enjoy the punto and linea and possibly the new linea with 1.3 multijet 2 generating 95 ps and 1.6 multijet 1 with 106 ps
    1 person likes this.
  9. fire_blade

fire_blade

Few more pics :)

DSCF7199.JPG

DSCF7200.JPG

DSCF7201.JPG

DSCF7202.JPG

DSCF7203.JPG

DSCF7204.JPG

DSCF7205.JPG

DSCF7206.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i would agree with fiatlover 1000% .. I mean they call it the "Sport" and dont even have a spoiler and definitely for a far less price than 30k our own TFI'ans have done mods better than the brand itself.

Fiat cars are sold less, mods on fiat cars are even lesser perhaps that's why FIAT didn't notice all the great things we have already done,lol...
    For that price at least they could have gone with xenon lamps +projectors with DRLs...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.