1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Anniversary Meet - Bangalore - Taj Kuteeram, Hesaraghatta - Report Pg 10 onwards

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Ravi, May 17, 2011.

1. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Excellent pics of every Italian beauty!!! The Abarth was fascinating :)

I apologize for making it too late to the event. It was because of me that even Sujith turned up late. If everything went as per planned, we would have been at the meeting point at 9:30AM. The issue was the 10k Marathon. Since part of the Cubbon Road is closed for Metro work, this time the Marathon went through Ulsoor road. I had parked my Palio at my office on Ulsoor road. I had to go in another car and get the Palio. Due to the event, atleast 2-3 kms around Ulsoor road was choked. It took nearly 1 hour to reach nearby to office which is just 5kms from my house. Until hitting Ulsoor road, I had no clue why the traffic pile up. Once I was a stone's throw away from Ulsoor road, it took another 20 minutes to reach office. Luckily, once I got onto my Palio, I could come down to Mekhri Circle in 30 minutes.

During the above drama, I asked several times Sujith to move on and I would be late. He just wouldn't listen to me and waited at Mekhri circle all the time until I reached there.
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I missed this meet :( After seeing the pics i am get depressed all the more about missing the meet.

3. Excuse me !!!

@ PUNTOM : Is your car Petrol version ? Bcos the Ground Clearance looks more;
    Unlike my which may be with a TVS50's struts 2" above the ground... lolzzz just joking.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes Hemanth's car is 1.2 Emotion. But he has some big fat tyre, 205 section I think.
  5. ihmisohjus

ihmisohjus

Bangalore
    sorry for deviating from the topic but
    after a LOT of measurements, and dismantling of the dampers, i realized that the petrol has softer front dampers. hence the ride height remains the same.
    this might not be entirely true but it was my observation after comparing my dampers to that of the petrol one.
  6. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    Grt Pics guys........ I missed it all..... :( but will make sure iam there for the next time..... really nice to see people comming together to do something thats diffrent from there busy schedules..... Next time i hope its petty soon.... :)
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  7. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yes mine is a 1.2 Emotion
    The petrol sisters 1.2 and 1.4 have 2mm more GC than their diesel brother 1.3 (173 and 171 as per fiat's website)
    Over and above this, because of my tyre change(205/60 R15 as against the stock of 165/80 R14), I've added 3.7mm more.

So effectively my car has 5.7mm more GC than your car.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    good morning Hemanth, adding to what u said above i feel in that due to unevenness of the road the shock absorbers had just got decompressed at the same moment when the picture wa clicked.. :):)
  9. Puntom

Puntom Amatore

Bengaluru
    If sujith Thomas asked this question seeing the picture taken by jayakrishnakola,then you are spot on shams...the car was almost in the air when that picture was taken :)
  10. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    great meet pals.....I missed it....actually I hadn't checked our forum for many days n I had no clue of this meet..... to be honest on sunday morning I was pretty close to this place... If I had any minute clue of it I would have been there.... :(