1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Anniversary Meet at Chail, HP- 3rd to 5th June

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'll b rollin in with my ride so seats up for grabs if anyone wishes to
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Axn,

Timing at ISBT is OK. Will manage despite 'creaking bones' etc.

Dilip_DMK's point about ISBT - they do not allow parking - appears valid. We could consider an alternative RV point.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    OK , deal - me and Varoon Sir in one car ... The black Ogre or the red beauty , has to be decided ....
    Its close to two years , and the odo is still stuck at 12k kms , and needed such kind of a running .. We will decide on this later ....

@ALL - Lets try meeting up at Karnal Bypass [just after the make-shift bus stop] ... Time = ??? am
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I spoke with Vijayant, we discussed on the option to share the ride & fuel expenses and currently me and him along with my wife will be in one car.

At this point, not sure if it will be mine or his....it may also happen that i may bring my car so that i can start early on Sunday and reach Jaipur...

But the idea here is to have max number of cars ...hence sharing of ride decision is not 100% sealed...
    And we can take a collective decision on the above.

More the number of cars more the merry, the way we did the run during Delhi Meet i Feb, all heads turned.

Need help....can someone suggest a safe parking in and around delhi rly station or on the way where we would be meeting...(just so that we have a plan B)

@Vijayant as discussed, I booked the hotel for 2nd May Night at Ginger Yatri Niwas in New Delhi Rly station

@ Yashik / Varooon - personally, budget is around 1.5k to 2.5k per night for lodging is OK with me.. we just need to ensure the place is clean n tidy.

Any other care we need to take?
  5. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @Johnny & Dilip,

There are lot of parking options on road leading out of ISBT. One is just 100m ahead of ISBT entrance, bang opposite Monastry and ahead of ISBT bridge (which is crossed under). I will post the map soon.

@Cubbie,

I did not tell abt ginger yatri niwas but abt Ginger Vivek Vihar, which is very much near to my house. helpful in case we share my car. But on hind-sight I think it would be wise to take ur car as u have to travel far and u may like to branch off at karnal bye-pass to right (towards Ringroad and onwards to Dhaula Kuan). Let us finalise this soon. So ginger, NDRS may just be as fine.

@Varoon, (he just spoke to me abt a lucrative and good deal of hotel.) Waiting anxiously for you to seal the deal and inform.

Guys pour in ur thoughts for number of rooms needed. My proposal... three for the families (seven members in all) and rest all of us may twin share (four rooms for eight confirmed people till now). 6/7 in all.///
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    guys now get in to some serious thought.

we have selected and finalized two properties(hotel)

one is the above mentioned http://www.chailvillas.in/(chailvillas looks grand property to stay in)

costing @ chailvilas would be approx 1500/-per day(inclusive of all room rent+b'fast+lunch+dinner)

negotiation is on final tarrifs are yet to be revaled,wold be closer to 1500/- per person/day

2 Night/ 3 Days (per person / per day)
    Room Type Tariff Bed & All Meals For 2

Swiss Tents 1500 6000
    Swiss Cottage 2000 8000
    Deluxe Room 2500 10000
    Executive Cottage 3500 14000
    Extra Person 1000 1000

other property is Hotel "SWARAN PALACE"

tarrifs are

Semi deluxe rooms for 1000/- per night on twin sharing (note:no meal inclusive)
    Deluxe rooms for 1500/- per night on twin sharing (note:no meal inclusive)

Discounts as offered

Semi deluxe rooms for 900/- per night on twin sharing (note:no meal inclusive) (10% discount on semi deluxe rooms)
    Deluxe rooms for 1125/- per night on twin sharing (note:no meal inclusive) (25% discount on deluxe rooms)

so it would come to 450/- if in case we opt for semi deluxe room
    same if we opt for deluxe room costing would be 525.5/-per person

in nutshell
    @ swaranpalace if we take deluxe room so costing would be 525.5/- per person per day (with no meals at all)

two nights=525.5*2=1125/-per person (no meals)

comparo btw chailvila and swaran palace

PARTICULARS CHAILVILA SWARANPALACE
    Ambiance Ruhaani(Grand) Standard
    Tariff 1500/-per night/per person 525.5/-per person/per night
    Meals(3 times) Part of pacake(no extras to pay) Need to pay for each meal we have
    Accommodation Swiss tents Deluxe rooms
    Bon fire and the likes Part of package Not permissible in summers

brothers please mull over the above two options as available and let's freeze it by tomorrow evening,

we really running short of time,bcoz chail gonna be flocked by tourists next month as heats soars up n up...

so please decide and let us know
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am up with the Villa idea of Rs1500 per day including meals.

Swaran are offering deluxe rooms for Rs550 but since meal would be extra. I expect an extra bill of close to Rs600/day for food. That takes it to close to Rs1200/day.

Now, I am really tired and unable to digest the whole info. If we opt for Villas, we'll be living in tents (swiss tents), right? But we will be getting extra goodies like Bon fire or not? :p
    I'll be here tomorrow. I am tired after today's journey. Guys, do post your likes/dislikes/comments on the updates. I think Vijayant sir and Varoon paaji has got us 2 wonderful offers. Gotta grab one of them soon.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    me and dilip final 22ji....lets take my ogre jst got it serviced 15k wali.....pertol mehenga hai dilip......

22ji IMO tents are something different unusual,we have been staying in deluxe rooms as alwayz which is quite normal feel..

why not tents this time????wat say?????
    meals are too palatable as vijayan sir discussed with me...

so am on for Chail vilas......(discount @ chailvilas would be in public soon)
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm in for the villa thing, tents would certainly be a welcome change
    one more thing my GF will also b joinin me, so thts another addition to the list
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.