1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Anniversary Meet at Chail, HP- 3rd to 5th June

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First up les c how many rides are showin up...and how many will be up as shotguns, tht might help us with the costing thing
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

22ji on this filming note(tinted glass) there is a pcr gypsy @ panipat toll which may stop us for those who have got tinted glasses like me..

last month i was stopped at that same toll and was challaned(i was stopped bcz i had tinted glasses)but was challaned for wrong no.plate fonts...

drove for 6 days at chd without getting caught bcz my stint during graduation days has taught me all escape routes in chd...
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Axn,

What time do we meet at ISBT. I will have to start about 1 Hr earlier - joys of Greater NOIDA.

What is the latest about condition of roads (last 30 kms is what I heard was bad)?

Regards
    Johnny
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, so lets get down with final details.

Vijayant sir will lead the Delhi TFIans to the Chandigarh CCR region (When I saw Chandigarh, take it as Panchkula only. There is no need to go to Chandigarh and I will upload the detailed route map 2 days before the planned meet date i.e. 1st June 2011).

Some proposed highlights are as follows:
    - Twin sharing of Hotel rooms for those who are ok with it: Those who are single, or coming alone without families can share hotel rooms (twin sharing) if they wish to. That would be economical too plus the never ending ladies like discussions that we have had on our Fiat meets can continue throughout the night. :lol
    - Sharing of cars: You guys can come in fewer cars. Rather than driving alone, you can drive with 2-3 FIATians/car. You'll have company during the highway run. Plus, you can pool the fuel bill and thus it would be economical (Petrol heads make a note).
    Negative side is that the number of cars would be fewer (Imagine 10-15 FIAT cars crusing on the Delhi-Chandigarh highway).

@Varoon- Any update on the Hotel?

TFIans participating in the meet:
    Confirmed Members (15):
    - Karan Sharma
    - Dilip
    - Shashank
    - Aneesh Chopra with family (+wife and 2 children)
    - Phew
    - Varooon
    - Cubbie and his wife
    - AXN
    - Johnny [+wife]
    - PaddleShifter

May be/Probables (3):
    - Ansal
    - Prashant Chugh
    - Nkapoor77
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Vijayant : i would like to join Delhi team and drive so that i dont miss all the fun..for that I will leave on Thu evening(02-June) and reach Delhi will book a hotel in Gurgaon for that night.
    On 3rd Morning, will join you all at ISBT or a convenient location.(I now have a GPS to guide so hoping i wont get lost)

I will be more than happy if someone wants to share a ride in my car..actually i will be more than glad and as a bonus can drive the car too(with valid license only)

also, i have the below query, which i will use on my return trip ( read it reverse way starting from Panchkula)
    any idea on road conditions pls between Rothak to Rewari?? i will avoid Delhi as i have to reach Jaipur for Monday office..

Distance as per Google Map : Via Rewari its 488kms -Jaipur-Kotputli-Rewari (NH8), then on take diversion towards NH71- Gokulghar -Khera Alampur-Jhajjar-Rothak - Take road towards Gohana (Nh71A) - Panipat -Karnal (NH1) --Ambala (NH65+NH22)-Zikrapur-Panchkula
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @Johnny,

I am trying to ascertain road conditions. Just did not get any info till now. Will post asap. Would it be possible for you to start at 0400 hrs from ur home? I proposed this as the traffic from Kalka to Parwanoo gets exceedingly heavy and there is road widening work being carried on there. We may easily lose quite time there if reaching late. But if this time does not suit you than we change.

UPDATE: Called Jungle living resort, The road is narrow (as hill roads) but is all paved and fine. Paving is completed from Kandaghat-Chail-Kufri last year. This is one of the most scenic roads in this region.

@Varoon,

I think by the time we cross panipat these guys would be sleeping. (as we start at ISBT at 0500 hrs, we cross panipat at 0630).

@Cubbie,

I would like to join you as I do not intend to drive so long alone for sure and I have a valid license...LOL. Lets finalise the things in day or two when we get to know complete picture abt who brings in the car and who not.

Ur another query of alt route. Yes this is possible but is longer. I inquired abt the route when I was going to Ajmer. Route reportedly is OK and comparable in terms of time to NH8. Road is not 4 laned but traffic generally is lower then NH8. U also do not get proper route indicators there. that is another (-)ve point.
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

Thanks for quick reply, So its confirmed, Vijayant and me in one car.
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Anyone who can tag along with me ... Or I could tag along with someone ......

So basically we would be doing sight-seeing of Chail on 4th only .. Back to Delhi by 5th afternoon/eveng !?!

We should decide on any other meeting place rather than ISBT , since they dont allow parking/waiting there , if some of us turn up early ...

Any news from Nitin(dba) Sir ?
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had a quick chat with Vijayant sir. Need to finalize the budget for staying +/- food asap. The place where Vijayant sir enquired about the rooms is quoting close to Rs1500-2000 per room per day (Need to check whether they allow twin sharing or not). This is the upper limit and we will try to come up with something economical. Something sub 1000 if possible. Guys, lets come up with the budget thing.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Prashant

Buddy why i see your name in the list of probables,i remember wen we had met at reliance auto zone in gurgaon you were pretty anxious to go for the long drive ....come on man.....lets zoom.......

Guys, As per my contact one vey nice property is there at chail but quite hefty on our pockets...property name is "JUNGLE LIVING CAMP"

http://www.stayzilla.com/india/Chai...ine.php#search?h/10980/3_6_2011/5_6_2011/main

They have got cottages over there which starts from 3500+/- as per the my contact they have agreed for rs.2500/- (may come down further)even permissible if we would like to have one extra bed(accommodating third bed in the double room) at an extra cost of rs.500/-

how about this hotel??????????????????????

its quite decent pricewise.....

they too agreed for third bed if in case we would like too have at an extra cost of 200/-

@Dilip- dilip buddy am on alwayz.....wat say we two can make it in one car and share the rest......

am ok with taking my car,since you have got petrol so call is urs....

am ok with anything your red beauty or mine black ogre.....

Mods Note- Varoon 22ji, kindly avoid so many back to back posts within 20 minutes. Use the Edit button instead and add stuff to existing post. I just merged four posts into one. Multiple posts waste more pages and new members might find it difficult.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.