1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Anniversary Meet at Chail, HP- 3rd to 5th June

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :) :dance Nice, but I haven't yet got email for account details. Are they free Amogh? :p
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Aneesh 22ji would need your contact no. to discuss about the stickers .....if possible brother can pm me the number...
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vijayant,

Sorry, I was a bit busy over the last few days. Just got to read the posts today.

I think that we are moving forward, just fine. I too feel that we need to have a plan B for lunch en-route. The update for the hotel lunch is:-

1. Vijyant - Veg
    2. Aneesh - Non-Veg
    3. Karan - Non-Veg
    4. Dilip - Veg
    5. Yashik- Veg
    6.Varoon-Veg
    7. Nitin Kapoor - Veg (playing safe here)
    8, Prashant Chugh - Non-Veg
    9. Jasveen - non veg
    10. Shashank and Brother - non veg
    11. Nitin Kumar - Veg
    12. Johnny & wife - Non-veg.

The point about ATMs is valid. May not be too many around. So, it will be a good idea to carry adequate money.

@Cubbie, wish you a speedy recovery. Hope it is nothing serious.

Regards
    Johnny
  4. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Programme in Brief.

Delhi-Chail trip:
    0455 hrs. : Assembling at the meeting point near ISBT. I would be points-man, everyone has my number so in case of any confusion, pls contact.
    0515 hrs. : Departure after an intro and Photoshoot.
    0645 hrs. : Cross Panipat Toll Plaza (dist ~ 94 Km)
    0845 hrs. : Cross Ambala. (dist ~ 204 Km)
    0915-1015 : Breakfast at Lucky da dhaba, Zirakpur. Yashik will meet us here. (dist ~ 238 Km)
    1015 hrs. : Depart for Chail
    1300 hrs. : Arrival at Chail (dist ~342 Km)
    Hills will start from Parwanoo onwards for ~ 78 Km.

Broad Itinerary:

POST LUNCH 03RD JUNE – 05th June

We go as per collective decision on what to do and when to do. I only suggest the following points to visit and possible times:
    1. Kali Tibba: A hill top temple which gives a fantastic all round view. I presume Sunset and Sunrise from this hilltop shall be a treat. We can also do the trekking to this temple on 03rd afternoon and watch the sunset. Sunset time 1921 hrs.
    2. Chail Palace and Cricket Ground: This is what the chail was created for, so must see. Time 03rd afternoon post lunch. What about evening tea at the hallowed grounds of palace, Guys?
    3. Kufri: Visit to Kufri in pre-lunch session on 04th . Lunch either in Kufri or at Sidhpul.
    4. Sidhpul Village: Reportedly excellent riverine restaurants with pristine views. Here you can have some relaxed time. Proposed time post lunch of 04th.
    5. CAMP FIRE ON 4TH EVENING
    6. Relax time on 05th morning. Leave Chail Villas at ~ 1130 hrs. to be in time for lunch at Singh Ka Dhaba at Dharampur. There is famous Colonel’s Kababs there which is excellent Non-Veg restaurant.

"Walk in Jungle" is not detailed as there are numerous possibilities, depending on mood of group we can walk to Kali tibba trek, at Kufri meadows or at Sidhpul. Preferably, we should ask the locals and take a trek to some generally unexplored region. Maybe hotel guy would be of help.

Friends suggestions are welcome please.

Another request I have recd car numbers from Phew, Shashank and Nitin Kapoor. Rest all pls mail me the Car numbers asap.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Also look out for good petrol bunks , to even fill-up the beauties ....

We r havin a 1.2 wid us too , which may require an early fill-up .....

Approx. hw mch cash should we carry in-hand ?????

First-aid kit should be taken care by the Doc [YB] !!!!
  6. I suggest it better we fill-up our tanks after breakfast around Zirakpur.

Secondly,
    I confirm that I am coming alone, so anyone interested to hop in with me are most welcome.
    This also makes an extra bed available as I earlier requested for 2beds, now only need one.
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yashik paaji...why not get Gurjinder and other TFI members(from Chandigarh) for having bfast there @ Zirakpur....after meeting them we can do the proceedings....

@ Gurjinder veere ki khyaal hega???
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like a good idea buddy. Will confirm asap and let you guys know.

Gurjinder.
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It would be nyc meeting you Guruji !!!!!
  10. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    "Singh Ka Dhaba"??? You are referring to "Giani da Dhaba" at Dharampur, right??

Last I went that way (Kasauli in April 2010), it was still Giani da Dhaba. But I have to warn you that the service and food quality has gone down a few notches. Reason is the owners are an aged couple and their workers seriously take them for a ride. Don't be surprised if an additional roti or two during your meal takes 15 minutes or so (happened to us last year). Apart from the Colonel Kabab's, there is Hot Millions right alongside which is a decent eatery as well with lots of options.

@Varoon: Great idea to have some of the CHD and nearby TFI'ans for breakfast on 3rd morning. Look fwd to meeting all of you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.