1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TFI Anniversary Meet at Chail, HP- 3rd to 5th June

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PaddleShifter, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Also we should get more number of cars...two per car is just to allow people to relax and do not get tired because of driving long stretch in this hot weather. So as of now cars may be listed please.
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, so we need two people to look after the journey from Delhi to Panchkula and then to Chail. One would command the pilot car while the other will be the one driving at the back to ensure no one gets lost.
    The pilot car driver will also take care of the toll charges. Cars in the convoy shall be allotted a number and the same shall be displayed on the rear windscreen. Dilip will get these numbers printed out.

Pilot car- Axn sir
    rearmost navigator- Varoon's ogre.

More on this later. Going to pay the money to the hotel's account.
  3. Pilot: Axn Sir and Me

Rest please update

Rearmost: Varoon and Dilip
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Lots and lots of action on the thread! Couldn't stay away, my two paisa on some of the things:

1. Car - I will be driving down in my Punto; so anyone willing to ride with me is welcome.
    2. Route - Just came back from Amritsar week before last. Lots n lots of diversions starting from Panipat all the way to Jalandhar. So no sustained high speed runs are possible. People need to be aware of speed guns en route; so be prepared to shell out extra toll tax if you intend to zoom.

3. Yashik: Don't underestimate the Punto. I've taken a fully loaded Punto (4 adults+1 kid with a boot full of luggage) to all sorts of hilly areas. 3rd gear rocks man and I love the way the car responds to steering inputs by the driver. And the idea of the pilot car paying toll taxes for everyone won't work. It will be crazy to figure out if all the cars are lined up in a convoy before the toll is paid.

4. Axn: If you are talking about our cars, then I think my Punto would be the oldest of the lot. However, if you were talking anything else, I'll happily back down from the claim. :D

5. Ansal11: Dude fire up the Jet and let's roll!

6. Aneesh: I love the fact that the advice came from you inspite of all the stories we have heard. I also second Aneesh and Axn that we should try and move with in legal speed limits (for most part) to not attract unwanted attention.

7. Where is nitinkumardba?? AWOL???

8. Responsibilities: I have a navi device (Garmin) which will feed constant info on route ahead, places of interest (food, fuel) etc. I can pilot the route from Delhi if needed. And no FE runs please! The memory (horror) of the last one is still fresh in my minds, I won it remember!! If you can explain what some of the other responsibilities entail, I'll happily volunteer.

9. Johnny: Campfire - Brilliant idea!

Can we draw up a list of all the cars and people travelling to ensure no one is going to get bored to death by driving alone?
  5. You guys are doing g8 work to organize it all.

Here are my two cents:

As we are having numbers for each car.
    Each car should have a List with following:
    Car Number, driver name & contact, as well as crew details.

Besides numbering, we can make groups of two cars each.
    Each group cars should drive along each other and take responsibility of each other.
    This will help in many way:
    • if any of the car break-down or get punctured, its partner will be there to help and as well as to inform the rest of the group.
    • Tracking of cars will be easier.
    • This actually almost eliminates the chances of losing a single car from rest of the convey.

We should dedicate a trip-meter to this trip, All cars should reset its trip-meter to 0 at ISBT (assembly point). as we will have route maps and check-points with KM/distance info, so that trip-meter will help all of us to track next coming check-point. (specially for those do not have in-car GPS)

Thanks
  6. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^^ +1 to everything Aneesh said above? Great suggestions.
  7. :) My advice was, drive as fast as you can control.
    and I actually manage to keep my cool at even 180-190 ::V

Jokes apart, ;)
    I have been labelled as furious driver on different posts.
    So, I do feel that I should do something to improve my image and will try to prove this time that I can also drive under 100-120kmph.

Although, it would be more effort for me as compare to my natural driving style :redcar :lol:
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Nitin, I remind myself that we settled it last time, ur punto is indeed the oldest. Sorry buddy, my claim was wrong. The crown goes to you.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You didn't get the hint! The issue of car's age was settled long ago. So please rephrase - "The crown goes to my Punto" not to "ME". :mrgreen:
  10. Hello Guys, today morning I got a call from my account manager that client visit is postponed to week starting 13th of June(as this was the most important task). So that make myself available for meet, I will be travelling alone.

@ Nitin, may I ride with you?

@ Yashik, I will transfer amount to your account.Could you please PM your account Number please.

I am up for tents (depending upon availability), else go with other option we have.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.