1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Tetrosyl Sound Deadening Pads ~ Feedback

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by arulvr, May 14, 2011.

1. arulvr

Planning to fit the above deadening pads in my Punto 1.4 E. Mostly due to the noise level post the A/C upgrade. Now, one of my mechanic has this pads sourced probably many months ago and is willing to give away. Any feedback or experience that you can share? These pads are from the UK and they do NOT look spongy but more like foot mat but not sure if this would be effective.

Appreciate any comments !

Ref: http://www.wilcodirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3793

Thanks !
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    well arulvr most sound deadening pads work well. regarding the floor mat look that is perfectly ok. sound is generated when the metals vibrate and resonate but when u add the pads to them they will have more weight and will no resonate. thats the simple funda behind it. tell us how much area are you going to cover up?? and how much are you paying?? are you bothered by the tyre noise?? any solution for that?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Adding sound deadening pads in a petrol is unique.

Which noise specifically, post the AC upgrade is bothering the most? Maybe it can be diagnosed and done away with.

4. arulvr

Karan/Gurjinder - Thanks ! Post the A/C Kit replacement, my 1.4 Fire sounds like a chopper, the TASS says its normal. The noise is from the A/C motor. I did the ECU upgrade in TASS but without much luck. I'll pad the bonnet area alone. The tetra pad that I've got is 500 x 500 mm / 4 sheets. Got to cut them to fit the bonnet. I've paid 1.5K for the same.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

@Arulvr: Why Tetrosyl?
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

A/C motor? !

Or is it the fan? If its the fan, the noise will keep coming from the front of the car. The Linea MJD has under the bonnet padding, but the fan 'noise' is still audible.

Plus, if you're gonna fit it beneath the bonnet, make sure this Tetrosyl is designed to handle the engine's heat.
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

My car for some reason, inside the cabin the sound is minimal and outside it make lot of noise... my car underwent the under body anti rust by 3M and i believe its playing some role (some bit) to arrest the noise levels...not sure though.

i suggest you get the tyre noise levels also analysed...also use good quality rubberised mats to dampen the outside sound.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sounding like a chopper is not normal . tass guys must be taking you for a ride. there can be any number of issues for too much of noise from compressor like loose fittings,motor off axle or improper dampened fixations (like rubber bushes) .

if the noise is abnormal and very inconvenient then better get it checked elsewhere other than tass. chances are like, even if you dampen the engine bay you can only reduce noise to an extend but not the vibrations if any .
  9. Yup its true post the upgrade even my car sounds loud its the newer bigger fan that they use...specially at signals when the fan kicks in, its embarrassing. As suddenly every one starts to look at you and give you that look.....its not going to explode is it?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

yes it will sound like a chopper as the Dual stage dual speed FAN in the new kit rotates in very high rpm like the chopper.

the AC motor has nothing to do with it as its not changed.

on a lighter note i have started loving that sound, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

but yes the damping works very good if done properly.

if you are getting them damn cheap buy big sheets.

damp the bonnet like MJD, damp the firewall and damp the front doors.

my MJD is so silent after damping that i hardly hear road noise or engine noise in the cabin with windows rolled up. i can demonstrate it to anyone who stays in pune
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011