1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Test Drive & Review: FIAT Grande Punto-90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jul 17, 2010.

1. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Yeah it was the same episode which i was mentiioning, it was hillarious :)

They made it clearly evident that how blatantly they are biased for a particular Brand :punch FIAT should start paying hefty amounts to Auto Magazines..!!
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ i can give them a better idea : give this website / forum an official identity and see what wonders we do !!Most of us can act as "Fiat References" to prospective owners

To heck with the magazines. Get the real owners : make an advertisement with them : connect with the masses : there lies in the secret of boosting your sales.

I bet even Yuvraj Singh's girlfriend's (I guess he has many) won't buy the Punto after watching those dumb ads
  3. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    :lol tend to agree with you on the Dumb advertisements of the Punto, Lineas ad was a classic one, it touched the emotions of the general public. But for the Punto Yuvraj Singh is shown driving the car aimlessly, the ad talks nothing about the car pity on the Ad agency which made the Advertisement & above all FIAT Marketing which approved it.

Yes, indeed they need to touch the emotions of the General Public, like Ford did it with the Figo's Ads or they need to highlight the features of the car as Volkswagen did with Polo. Volkswagen did a Brilliant Job in promoting the Polo, i admire their Marketing Prowess..!!
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Simple answer - Who'll bell the cat? Or more specifically, its very easy to give reasons why a car is successful & going ga ga over it. It takes lot of courage to say something against market leader or a successful product eventhough its a fact. Thats what people do.

e.g. the same i20 - when it was launched, the forums were filled with how sluggish the car is explaining how Hyundai has given a smaller engine/ underpower bla bla bla... After Jazz debacle changing market perception to look i20 VFM comparatively, i20 numbers soared & there goes the opinions/ verdicts of all who said it was sluggish. They all thereafter going ga ga over the car. Sometimes they say interiors are classy, sometimes they say looks are very good, loaded with features etc, and above all they say Indian car buyer is not that concerned about power ::V . What a way to change opinions, thought processes etc based purely on sales & then trying to show that its based on strong parameters of the product (i20) !!

(PS: Not for a moment I'm saying i20 is a bad car. Am just pointing that people tend to convert their own opinions or the facts basis sales fearing saying something against a top-selling car would look foolish may be.)
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You raise some very valid points there VP. To add to that there are two more points I would like to raise:

- The forums are filled with talks of how premium the i20 interiors are. If you see the latest ACI, they point that in some areas plastics are of shockingly poor quality. Also, ACI has never called the interiors premium the way forums do. At best, they say interiors are par for the course and segment the car is in. In comparision, Jazz interior quality is praised.

- The air conditioning of the i20 is pathetic yet sales are soaring! Again, it took over a year for this issue to come out in the open on forums. Despite that there is no slowing of the i20's sales figures. The point is in a hot country like India, poor A/C performance should hit a car's sales more then poor quality plastics. Yet it' s not happeneing. Again, not a sinlge i20 ownership report mentions poor A/c performance. Is is a case of owners thinking maybe my car is faulty or that how can I point this out when the car does 5K sales / month? I mean if it's doing 5K every month then surely the car must be good in every area.

Lastly, a lot of noise is made over performance. What happened to Getz crdi when it was launched? Sure Hyundai didn't do a good job selling the car but if people lined up to buy it then surely Hyundai would have been forced to market and sell this car seriously. There is lot of chatter over performance and 0-100 timing's but when a car actually gives that very few people buy it!
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    +1. And market is full of such cases. Few examples - Palio 1.6, Baleno, Elantra, Getz etc
    Baleno was termed as a better product than the other Maruti cars. Similarly, Elantra was termed as a better product than other Hyundai cars. What happened? Result is on one hand you've Alto's, Zen's, WagonR's, Esteem's, DZire's, Santro's, i10's, i20's, Accent's selling high no.s while Baleno/ Elantra struggled to survive.
  7. racingkid

racingkid

New Delhi
    I think Fiat should be aggressive with its strategy and advertisement becoz they have excellent cars. I feel Tata are a bit lethargic and Fiat should tighten the things with them at both levels i.e in Service Stations (Good service but part availability can be improved) and Plant (Plastic work). With Punto 90HP things will improve if not immediately but after after a month or two.

I am thinking of upgrading my Punto FGT to VGT if the budget allows. Called up dealer (Techno Dwarka, Delhi) and they said to bring my Punto so that they can evaluate its price .. Will be going there next week and lets see what happens ... Well all depends upon Price.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Very Interesting and valid observation. What the common man looking for here is mediocre everything and great ASS, sorry, wide spread mediocre ASS.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ good one roy !! :)
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Actually, We're (i.e. India is) a market where....

• ...where a rattle-king car is a Market-leader & is a legend having a too high lead over the next best[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where an ungainly, ugly-looking, rattling & forcefully-converted sedan is a Market-leader & again it is a legend having a too high lead over the next best.[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where a car (M800) launched in 80's still sells (or used to sell till 1st Apr'10) & people still buy it.[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where the highest-selling car is 800CC Alto[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where Hyundai is started being considered as Premium Quality manufacturer (compare that with its global image/ positioning)[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where Skoda is considered as Premium Quality manufacturer (compare that with its global image/ positioning)[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where the % share of Sedans & other C & above segment cars is still be very very small in the overall market.[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]
    • ...where everything about a car is - mileage/ FE, light-weight, peppy-feel, if smaller engine than good power-to-weight ratio, all-roundedness, Price, Japanese tag & service[/*:m:2jkcn0eg]