1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Test Drive & Review: FIAT Grande Punto-90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    T bhp & overdrive reports r totally biased. they seem to be bashing Fiat all the time. they will choose M800 over Punto. why r they so concern about turbo lag in Punto 90 HP. i think Punto is best tuned car in indian automotive history. Punto with 1.2 FIRE is so well tuned for a heavy vehicle. Punto 90 is well tuned for city and highway drive without compromising on mileage. infact is the best of the lot in terms of mileage and i20 comes nowhere near it. these ppl chose to ignore every good thing about FIAT.
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    :devilface Surprisingly, in the latest episode of Overdrive on CNBC-TV18, they test drove the GP VGT and praised it for the First Time :)

They raised only TWO issues: 1. Turbo Lag < 2000 RPM 2. Inconsistent Fit & Finish.
  3. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    why the turbo lag in i20 is never mentioned. i20 is a slugggish car and it needs to be revved above 2000 rpm to keep moving and its a pain to drive it in city. but still it is never mentioned by anyone. but all Fiat bashers are all out to find one weak link in Punto and they will start their justification of being a Fiat basher.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. ntrack

ntrack

Mumbai
    Overdrive generally never favours Fiat. Its also suprising to see all journos gaga over Polo, & no one talks about its mediocre performance! I personally like the Polo, but find the diesel overpriced & more so bcos of lack of equipment. But the journos have no negatives to mention for Polo. VW has good PR I must say (just like Honda)
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ apart from good PR they also have deep pockets to buy out the auto journalists !!
  7. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    Not just that, they have some luxary cars to give out as long term testers to the auto mags, so that the top position ppl can roam around in that and write good good stuff.
    Fiat, what do they have to offer? Linea? Who would want it?
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i20 has a more prominent turbo lag but it is praised top to bottom. even the swift BSIV is having a linear acceleration which means it has turbo lag and so is the ritz. polo is sluggish with 3-cylinder engine. but they choose to ignore and forget it all. and if Punto has it, they will start raising their eyebrowes and term it as a non performer. they just know one thing-bash Fiat all the time.
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    The auto magazines are not to be trusted, i would rather trust a Forum member for their unbiased report.

Some time back, if anyone has seen that espisode of Overdrive on CNBC-TV18, they did a Diesel hatchback shootout, where they specifically said that the i20 CRDI is sluggish and it cant match the refinement of the Grande Punto Multijet, now they are contradicting their statements only ::OO, and it came from Overdrive who are supposed to be ANTI FIAT :)

And abruptly in the end of the episode they declared the Ritz as the Winner of the Diesel Hatchback Shootout, without giving any substantial reason for that, so cant trust their reports blindly or infact any other Magazine, having said that, i found BSmotoring reports to be somewhat unbiased and clear :anyone

They (Overdrive) also did a Premium Hatchback shootout, and they included the Ritz in that :punch can anyone let me know how come the Ritz is a Premuim hatchback ::OO

What can i say about the Polo, it is a 3 cylinder engine, and CANNOT match the refinement of a 4 cylinder, and they are comparing it to the Multijet which is our National Engine, what a pity..!!
  10. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    Yes, I do remember that funny test (it was also printed in their magazine). They mentioned something like hatchbacks taken to Ladakh. I open that issue with lots of excitement and when I read that they returned back from Baralacha La, I just couldn't stop laughing. They referred that as going to Ladakh. :lol:

It was clearly mentioned that i20 due to its turbo lag, struggled and almost(or was it fully?) burned the clutch while climbing up Rohtang in slush.

Regarding Ritz being declared the winner, they did also mentioned something about M800/Alto being the preferred choice of vehicle for locals in Ladakh. Probably they forgot to mention that Maruti was the only company they was having their network due to which the most affordable vehicle was bought by people. Had they have gone recently to Ladakh, they would be surprised to see the preferred choice of vehicle has shifted to Hyundai and Santro/i10 in specific.

Now, if team OD thinks Ritz is really such a great car for Ladakh, may be they should take part in Raid this year in a Ritz and not any other car. :wink: