1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Test Drive & Review: FIAT Grande Punto-90 HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sharma_sanjeevin, Jul 17, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Gorgeous Punto in gorgeous FTA. Hope, this would increase the sales chart of Fiat India.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Good reivew buddy! Wish I could make it yesterday.

I am surprised by the black & White dials in the car as I was told the car has Linea type instrumentation.

Not the best way to do 0-100 timing runs. You could have done 3 such runs to arrive at an average figure. Still your timing is close to what the BSM guys report!

The steering column issue still persists, I really don't know why it's so difficult for Fiat to sort that out. Well the Punto Evo in Europe has that same steering column issue so what chance do we in India have to get it sorted out!! I would like to take a closer look at the car just to see how they have sorted out the fit and finish issues compared to the first lot Punto's. Since mine is among the very first cars, I know exactly where to look!
  3. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Thanks Amit Bhai :) Yes, i was also surpirsed when by the Black Instrumentation Cluster when i first opened the Door of the Car. The first question to the Sales representative was "Where are the White Linea Dials ?", he replied this one comes only in Black Instrumentation only :confused

Agree with you, this is not the best way to do a 0-100, but the first time we did it, the timing was close to the BSM figures, so i thought it would be correct :mrgreen: . Lets do the Test next time when you are available, then i think we will be able to derive the exact 0-100 timing.

The steering column issue remains, agree with you, What is wrong with FIAT QC, why cant they fix such a small thing, which is an Eyesore on the otherwise Stunning looking Car. Also, i wanted to take the pictures Under the hood, to check out for any improvements in the Plastic Quality which is used for the Beadings and Bonnet Holding Lever. But couldnt do so, as it started raining Heavily and had to run for cover, next time lets check that out.

Looking forward to join you when you go for a look at the Car. Do let me know.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    nice review of a nice car.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Great review sanjeevi! More balanced and nuanced than what sidi has on tbhp.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Re: Time for the Pics to do the talking

The Glove box Panel gap which is so much talked about & pictured about is not visible !!! :mrgreen:

7. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Thanks Buddy..!! I have tried my best to keep it balanced & Unbiased. Hope you people will like it.
  8. Sanjeev, thanks for the excellent, unbiased and honest review.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    nice review for a nice car. these minor problems can be taken care off. Punto 90 bhp is a awesome car to drive and possess. :clap
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Testdrove the 90HP Punto with Swift 75 HP DDiS BS IV pf my friend. Punto leaves the BS IV Swift DDiS behind by car length. Though BS III Swift leaves behind Punto 90HP. I wonder how people are saying Swift is fater than Punto 90HP. Euro III model was faster but not the current Euro IV DDiS. BS IV swift is much linear in power delivery than BS III Swoft.