1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Temporary trash- Spare part prices thread OT discussions

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by puntopunter, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: The Spare Part Prices thread

Finally I managed to hit another vehicle and damage my car :hit :A :hit :A ...my first since I started driving at the age of 14...so far I have been kissing all the walls and footpaths on my way...my fist encounter with another vehicle :sad1

The damage, right ORVM, but then its Fiat yaar, so the damages are minimal, the ORVM cover + mirror broke, the electrical adjustments are working fine. So do we get the case (body colored part) and mirror separately or do I have to replace the entire unit. Any one had similar experience please let me know how much it cost you. On the spare part comparison list I can see the price as Side mirror (with casing) : 1320/-
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Guys
    Gave my GP for 2nd service @ Concorde ,EKM. SA just called me and mentioned that the engine oil bill is 3340+tax , come to around 950/l. They mentioned its selenia. AFAIK selenia used to cost around 600/l. Has the price gone up recently??
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Chaos : Yes we are lucky that it is possible to get such parts as real "part" and cheap too. But then again the "availability" is still a problem. Mirror is available but the plastic cover is not available in both the service center here is Trivandrum :A :A

I have put a cover over the broken unit to avoid any water entering the electricals and causing a short-circuit. Now I have to go around with this UGLY setup for another week at least.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Ravi, Can you please scan and upload the bill as such??
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Contacted Mr.Bhatnagar of FIAPL and got a call from him just now and asked me the order number for my mirror and its cover. He arranged for a conference call with Kulathungal motors service person and store manager and to my surprise they have not placed an order so far !!! :firey .

Earlier I faced the problem, when I broke my Diesel tank, where the order was placed and FIAT did not respond to the order for 1 week. Now I face a problem where the order itself is not placed. So as far as I am concerned things are not heading in the right direction. :thumbs down

And the encouraging part is Fiat is not taking things lightly :up There was immediate response from Fiat and they made it clear that it was mere negligence on the dealers part to not place an order even after the requirement was informed, leave alone the stock was exhausted.
  7. keshav

keshav

Bangalore

Is Wheel Balancing part of 2'nd Free service ?. I was charged Rs. 480 for wheel balancing. This was at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Good response from Fiat. ::T
    These dealers (I am yet to understand why they don't place orders) need to get big :boxer .

They should only charge for weights. The labour charge should be free.
    Manual doesn't have any mention of wheel balancing.
  9. keshav

keshav

Bangalore

This is surprising. They showed me the service coupon and it did not have wheel balancing as part of 2'nd service. I will have visit them once more :hit .They should have been a bit more honest in their approach.
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

I
    I raised this issue with their spare parts manager. he checked it and confirmed that they entered the part no of mobil1 for selnia. this was corrected and the bill was asjusted. Shall post the bill tomorrow

Also the rear shock absorber (1 side) was changed as there was a metal clanking sound coming from the rear when going over potholed roads. The issue is still not completely rectified. I had to take the car as I have some trips coming up. The SA asked to call him and drop the car when I can part with it for sometime and said will fix it. He said they may need to dismantle the complete rear suspension to fix this. I have read from other owners also that they too have changed the rear struts/suspension FOC during service. Is this some common issue. I have to admit that I haev made some crazy suspension breaking runs through Keralas pot holed national highways
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.