1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Temporary trash- Spare part prices thread OT discussions

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by puntopunter, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Re: The Spare Part Prices thread

Very Informative thread, keep up the great work!

I have a question on price of a spare part. Today my daughter wanted to check her hair-style and tugged onto the Visor/Vanity Mirror. The next thing i see, she is holder the Passenger side Visor in her hand :A . I knew plastics is an issue in the punto, but didn't know that lil rod on which the Visor rotates is all Plastic (It was a surprise, because my Zen had a metal rod).

So the obvious question is, What does this Passenger Visor Assembly (the one with the vanity mirror) cost? has anyone replaced it yet? I know it wont be covered under warranty since it is "user-damaged", so i wanted to check the costs before the visiting TASC. I will most probably get it replaced during my first service though.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Tell them its improperly fixed earlier and try for warranty replacement.
  3. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru

Great! Thanks for the information ThePunter. Till try getting it replaced under warranty asap.
  4. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune

Man what a start to a day ! A dog in full speed hit the front bumper taking with him the plastic casing of the fog lamp. The lamp is still there but dangling away to glory. Dunno how much that is going to cost me ...

--Obliex
  5. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

@Obliex,

You should be very happy that the dog only hit the side of the bumper. If it had hit right in the middle of your car damages would have been more, like radiator, AC condesor etc., Thank god for your good fortunes.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Agreed.
    Had it hit the lower bumper grill, the cost could have been Rs. 1488/- (I just change it, a biker fell down in full speed on left side of my car. His bike skidded for about 10-15 meters, swerved, came in front of my car & may have kissed my Linea bumper grill)
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

sdp, what was the total cost of servicing?
  8. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore

It came to around 4600. Most of it was for the fuel filter and the engine oil. 13.5% VAT also adds up to the bill amount.
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Its Tata Motor's management who revised spare parts price and implemented on 8th July. Tata management could not digest Fiat’s lower price than Tata’s.

Fiat sales team just lost an effective selling point of low maintenance cost like Maruti.

Tata, your sales team screw potential buyers of Fiat, your SC guys is not at all matching technical abilities in most of the SCs, your SCs deny to work on fiat's old generation cars (there is a thread in PUG that Rama denied to service\work on palio), you can't make good ads for Fiat, your top management can't digest fiat's low spare price, so what next...

Fiat, how can you allow these brainless guys to increase price by 200% to 300% and all wrong steps taken by Tata.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

So, its better to go with WITH SENSOR option, just Rs. 100 difference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.