1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Temporary trash- Spare part prices thread OT discussions

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by puntopunter, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: The Spare Part Prices thread

Why FIat is doing this?
    How suddenly so much increase in Fuel Filter price? Or this is the case with whole spare parts??
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Now this is good to Fiat is giving the best thing to our beauties. ::T

Amogh, do you got any details what this sensor meant for?
  3. Punter

Punter

Mumbai

0059116318 = Fuel filter assembly
    0059116319 = Fuel filter cartridge (TASS is supposed to change this and not the entire assembly)

I am yet to get an explanation on this from Fiat. I am not sure what sensor Fiat is talking about here but even if their claim is genuine, they should inform the customer beforehand. Also do we really need this "with sensor" fuel filter for BS III Puntos/Lineas?

I am still not convinced on this. Fellow fiat lovers, due for a fuel filter change, please seek an explanation for this at the time of job card preparation.

All the best.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

The "Filter Sensor" only for MJD engines, is the fuel sediment sensor for water.

Read the manual, if there is water present in the fuel, the filter will do its job of keeping the water away, and when time comes to drain the fuel filter unit of the water, the light will glow on the dashboard.

I guess since its the rains, FIAT-India may have taken this step of introducing the fuel filter with sensor for all the MJD's so that you don't brake down coz of this silly little issue.

The filter change is advised at 80,000 kms to 1,00,000 kms.*

*Advice from FIAT.

But i guess there is no harm in getting it installed in your MJD.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

As per email received from Fiat :

Part No. Description

59116318 FUEL FILTER DSL(WITH SENSOR)

From where did you get the "assembly" description ? Is it printed in your invoice ?

+1 to aashay : Good you called today and sought an explanation.
  6. keshav

keshav

Bangalore

Valid point, even I'm not sure if this is related to BS IV norms. If they add a new sensor, it may require ECU upgrade too.
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Could someone please let me know where is it said that

0059116318 = Fuel filter assembly
    AND
    0059116319 = Fuel filter cartridge

I just checked Amit's invoice and it clearly says that
    0059116319 = Fuel filter without sensor DSL

The BS IV norms was just my guess guys. I never said : Fiat has said this !!
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Guys the hardware is all present there...
    The only missing parts like the "sensor" add up to the puzzle for the functioning.
    The ECU is already programmed from the factory, for all "PLANNED" upgrades/replacements from FIAT-India.

In this case its the filter sensor.
    If you see your dash board, (MJD Owners) you will see the fuel sediment sensor icon!!
    See manual for the icon.
  9. keshav

keshav

Bangalore

hmm..I think it's mentioned in the manual too. It may not be a new addition after all. I will take a look at the manual.
  10. Punter

Punter

Mumbai

For a moment I want to believe this sensor thing. But then why does Fiat claim that the spare parts are cheaper than their competitors?
    http://www.fiat-india.com/images/linea_diesel.pdf

The fuel filter for Linea diesel as claimed by Fiat costs INR 930.

Going by Punto's fuel filter logic (765 -> 1750), MJD Linea's fuel filter would be costing somewhere around INR 2370. In that case Fiat Linea's fuel filter is the costliest amongst the competing Diesel sedans (Please refer the pdf).
    Fuel filter for Fiesta Diesel = INR 1026
    Fuel filter for Hyundai Verna Diesel = INR 1499

Regd the part description, I had been communicating with fellow punters and linea owners on "some other" automobile forum and they have part description as Fuel Filter Assy and been charged INR 1750. So either Fiat/TASS is fleecing its customers by over charging for spare parts or their claim that Fiat spare parts are cheaper than the competition is false.

In my case the invoice just says Fuel Filter (no sensor/assy). Wonder how come Fortune Motors has different descriptions for the same part no? :)

I will keep you posted.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.