1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Temperature Gauge Needle Indication

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by tps11, Dec 12, 2012.

1. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Dear Friends,
    I have a June 2011 manufactured Linea T-jet+. I have noticed that once the engine gets to working temperature the gauge needle is constantly at middle level of the gauge. The needle rises gradually but even on relaxed highway driving (5th gear 80-100 kmph) the needle doesn't come down.
    Is it a problem or I am being picky?
    Tushar
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    The needle has to be in the middle and if it goes above that you need to worry. You have to check your coolant if the needle rises to H.
    The needle won't come down, if it does then there is some problem with the needle and not with the engine :p Your car is alright. DO go through the user manual properly
    2 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Perfectly normal. Nothing to worry. If the pointer goes above mid-point, then engine cooling system needs to be checked.
    1 person likes this.
  4. tps11

tps11 Amatore

Dehradun
    Thanks guys,
    One more query is the Owner's manual of T-Jet+ different from the normal Linea?
    Regards
    Tushar
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have not seen any difference in the user manual. As a matter of fact, I have not even seen T-Jet being mentioned anywhere in the manual. Maybe, they gave me a regular Linea manual :D

Rajan