1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Teflon coating - one of the biggest scam

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by anoop, Sep 29, 2011.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Unfortunately I had the so called teflon coating done last year in November. How long does it last & how soon do I need to wax the car ?
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    rsinfo as per my knowledge you should wash your car with good quality shampoo once in a week and wax your car in once in a month.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Thanks to Anoop for finally putting in a thread what me and others have been speaking of for a long time.

Biggest con job in India -" Teflon'' coating. Nothing but a sort of permanent, read long lasting, wax.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Inspect the paint and see if the surface have got swirl marks or any other aberrations. It depends on how your paint now is - you can start with a good wash, followed by a good quality polish and then topped by a good wax.

Please do not just wax the car - wax is a kind of surface sealant and if you apply wax over imperfections, wax will seal them. So, first make sure the surface is clean and free from imperfections.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I always thought its the other way round - cleaning, waxing & polishing !

My paint is in good condition except for a couple of scratches here & there. I had it polished last month only by professional cleaner & polisher. Do I still need to polish it before waxing ?
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Do read the DIY thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?53-DIY-CAR-CARE&p=68652&viewfull=1#post68652

you will get your answers there :)

hope this is helpful.
  7. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Well well! I wish I knew this earlier! I got the so called Teflon done few months back.. while they have used McGuire products, my car is not in good black color anymore. How can I restore its brilliance back? I have a small dent and some scratches on front and rear bumper. What's the best way out?
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Detailing is the only way out to restore the original showroom like wet finish.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Those Ultimate Detailerz guys really seem to know their job.

Anoop's Punto was probably done by them ? And the result was stunning.
  10. raj06

raj06

Hyderabad
    Thank you dj.nish. What is the best place in Hyderabad?