1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

TeamFiat India Grand Meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by Karan Sharma, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Re: Fiat India Grand Meet

It would be interesting but pretty far almost 600+km, i guess.

but wht others say abt..
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)

Hey Team,

I am game too... Let's meet up in some exotic place in the heart of India where all of us can reach and enjoy the Place....sometime at the end of March as my son's 10th Finals will be over by the 24th...

I wouls also recomend a trip to Ladakh, which i any ways plan to do sometime this year....
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I am ok with Chail or Kasauli. I don't know if I'll be allowed to travel as far as 600+Kms!!! :?:
    Chail looks better and more peaceful than Kasauli which looks more congested. We need some good parking space as well.

@Ratanshivi sir- Planning to go to Ladakh in your Punto? :)
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Sorry Guys for not replying on this thread earlier. Wasnt around for a few days.

I am ready for chail or kasauli. Can someone (who knows bout these places) share what could be the prospective -Things to do- at these places. We would need to plan and book in advance for such a trip.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I've been to Kasauli thrice in the 90s when I was a kid. There isn't much to do over there. It is a nice place to visit, spend some time and come back.

Some points of interest are:
    - The Hanuman Mandir at The Monkey point- Its said that while Hanuman ji were returning with that mountain that had the "Sanjeevani booti", his foot hit this place.
    - The military radars adjoining the temple.
    - The view of Chandigarh (and Sukhna lake) from the temple.
  6. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

abt CHAIL:

places of interest and activities:-

SIDH BABA KA MANDIR (1.5 km) : Maharaja Bhupinder Singh originally began building his palace at this site. It is said that a Sidh - saintly person - appeared before the Maharaja in dream and declared that this was the place where he had this temple built.

CRICKET GROUND (3 km): Built in 1893, after leveling top of a hill, it stands at 2444m and is the highest cricket pitch and polo ground in the world.

WILDLIFE SANCTUARY (3 km) : The Chail sanctuary has 'ghoral', 'kakkar', 'sambhar', red jungle fowl and 'khalij' and 'cheer' pheasants. Machan like sighting posts have been built at Khuruin.

KUFRI : An enjoyable drive through forests and small villages leads to this small but popular station. The Nature Park here is a great attraction. A short trek leads to the Mahasu Peak with breathtaking views.

SADHUPUL : Between Kandaghat and Chail is this village and bridge astride the Ashwani stream. A good picnic spot.

ADVENTURE AND FISHING : A dozen or so trek routes lead out of Chail. Trails lead upto the Choor Peak and to Shimla. There is fishing on Giri river at Gaura, 29 km away.[attachment=0:xpy36cg1]the chail palace.jpeg[/attachment:xpy36cg1]

the chail palace.jpeg
  7. Re: Fiat India Grand Meet

My first post on my b'day.... ::V and on this forum (i think i created this). Chail seems to be a good place to visit. Is it in J&K ? I have never been there...So when are we planning this meet Mar/April/May/Jun :anyone .
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi

happy birthday karan...

no it is not in J&K it is in HP near Simla
  9. bones

bones

chandigarh

ppl plz do meet in march or april... i wont be able to attend after that..both kasauli and chail are a good option
  10. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Varoon, trip to chamba in June would be useless. I've there in April and took a U turn that too without second thought. If you want to go there than plan should be to visit Tihri Dam.