1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

After reading all posts, still I am confused:arghh::banghead::mad: for which tyre brand to select. Below are the options I have short listed in my mind.
    1. Apollo Acelere
    2. Good year GT3 (stock ones)
    3. MRF ZLO
    4. YOKO Earth 1
    5. YOKO AVS DB
    Guys please let me know any suggestions.:) (Vitamin M will also take its part if not fractional)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    From above, I suggest to choose between Apollo Acelere or Yoko Earth 1, keeping in mind cost.

Else, if cost is not factor, and you like to have silent tyre, choose Yoko AVS DB, or similar cost tyre Michelin P3ST.
    Pranob Mukharjee and nkrishnap like this.
  3. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

Thanks @Ravi for your valuable suggestion, today I got quote from several local vendors all of them quoted same price with a difference of 50 to 100 on each. Below is the best quotation I got :
    1. Yoko Earth 1 - 5000
    2. Yoko A Drive - 5200
    3. Yoko AVD DB - 5600
    4. Falken - 5300
    5. Michelin - 5800/5900
    6. Bridgestone potenza - 5300
    7. Bridgestone turenza - 5250
    Buying 4 includes fitting, alignment + balancing and cash discount on old tyre (between 250 - 1000 each depending condition)
  4. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    If Vitamin M is a vital factor in decision making, then you have got two options:

Option 1: (Vitamin M is limited)
    Brands like JK Tyre/Apollo Accelere/Goodyear/MRF/Continental/Ceat should be considered.

Option 2: (Vitamin M is sufficient)
    Brands like Bridgestone/Michelin/Yokohama/Pirelli/etc should be considered.

Looks like you are interested in Option 2. Per the rates in your city, there is a marginal difference of Rs. 200-400 between different brands. Suggestion is, take the brand which gives you surety and piece of mind rather than saving on Rs 1000-1500(4 tires). This will go a long way .... atleast 30-40K kms.

I just replaced all 4 tires on my Linea last week. I went with Michelin Primacy 3ST.

Good luck with your decision making !!
    Pranob Mukharjee likes this.
  5. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

Finally going for Michelin P3ST @ 5800 per tyre including fitting + wheel balancing / alignment + cash discount based on conditions of old tyres from 200 - 1000 per tyre.

Thanks you guys for your views and help
    Ravi likes this.
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Pranob Mukharjee, please do write your review about this tyre. Am planning to change to this one as my stock tyres have puncture in the side wall
    Pranob Mukharjee likes this.
  7. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

@pv_krish sure I will write my review about this tyre.
  8. Pranob Mukharjee

Pranob Mukharjee Novizio

FIR on 100 km, better handling and grip on road, feeling steering a little light than earlier, potholes addressed better. Driving felt more easy and confident, though a better much detailed report will have to wait till few K km's
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    @Aviator : Have used the Michelin Primacy LC for 40,000 kms on an Octavia without any issues across all types of roads. Currently using Primacy 3st on the Tjet and have done 17500 kms which involved a lot of highway driving including bad highways without any issues.

If it is okay for you to spend around 5000 extra on the Michelin's then you can go ahead with them otherwise the other tyres would also suffice.
  10. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

I am planning to upgrade to 195/65/R15 profile with 15inch steel rims. I tried many local shops.
    Most of them are saying this will scrap the wheel arch. Please suggest if I can go ahead with this profile.
    What are the advantages and disadvantages of 195/65/R15 over 195/60/R15. Please advice.