1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Charioteer

Charioteer Timido

Mumbai / Pune
    Mumbai / Pune
    Third free Service shocker for me.
    Balaji Motors has recommended that I change the tyres because of uneven wear at least on the front two tyres.
    Steering wheel is loaded slightly towards right and I am very conscious about it while driving.
    Just not enjoying.
    But Rs 40000 is too much for tyres - (existing are stock tyres - Linea 2012 Emotion). And I have clocked just 23000 km!!
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Guys, I am planning to fit 195/65/R15 tires.
    Checked out changemytire/tyreonwheels. Below are the quotes.

Apollo Accelere - 4950
    Falken SN835 - 4500
    Hankook Optima - 4600
    Yoko earth 1 - 4900

Please suggest which ones are better.
    Called up Madhus/Super Tyre/Tyre Emprire etc. Most of them are quoting 500 extra than online price.
    Also, how much do Linea Steel Rims and wheel caps cost. SHould I buy from fiat center or from tyre shops.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Ajinkyabarve: 205 width tyre would be too much of rubber for the Punto. I suggest 195 width.

@ whitepunto76: Hankooks and Falkens are rare to come by, I would suggest the Earth 1 out of your options followed by Acelere. The Earth 1 is made for Indian conditions. Rims if you buy it from Fiat, you would be paying premium for it but still I think it is better to buy it from Fiat service centres.
  4. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    Just want to update the forum on the current pricing in Gurgaon. Got new set of rubber's for my linea. Here is the deal I was getting for various sizes/brands

205/60/R15:

Vendor 1
    Michelin XM2: 7750
    Bridgestone G3: 7650

Vendor 2
    Michelin XM2: 7450
    Bridgestone: 7880

195/60/R15:

Vendor 1
    Michelin XM2: 6500 - 15% Disc.
    Michelin Primacy 3ST: 6700
    bridgestone Potenza: 5900

Vendor 2
    Michelin XM2: 6050
    Michelin Primacy LC: 6400
    Michelin Primacy 3ST: 6400
    Bridgestone ER60: 5650
    Bridgestone ER10: 5550

Vendor 1 was offering a discount on Rs. 1000 on old tires in any condition. So eventually got Michelin Primacy 3ST for 5700 per piece. Hope this helps !!
    5u3zEr0 and Ravi like this.
  5. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone,
    After running 34,000KM, my stock Goodyear GT3 have almost no tread left. Will be ordering new tyres (195/60 R15) from snapdeal.com and these are the three cheapest tyres available:

Goodyear DuraPlus: Rs4140
    Goodyear GT3: Rs4322
    Apollo Acelere: Rs4376

Can somebody help me in selecting the tyre which makes least amount of noise while driving on highways?

I also don't know what to do with the old tyres. Is there some place in Hyderabad where I can get some money out of them?

Thanks
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Out of three, I suggest, buy Apollo Accelere. But none of these will be silent.
  7. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for quick reply. What I realy want is Michelin Primacy 3 ST but they are little expensive (Rs.5500) but the main thing is that I drive on highways a lot, mostly on bad ones and I have read that the sidewall of Michelin tyres are little weak, they are superb on smooth roads but not so much on potholes filled roads.
  8. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My personal experience, I would not go with apollo. Duraplus is a better bet.

Michelin 3 ST seems a good tyre and I do not feel they are bad or weak on rough roads. In fact XM2 was release for Indian conditions and now they have XM2+, primacy 3 ST is the latest model and it should be good enough for any roads.

Probably you can check if any of your friends have put this in their car and ask them to share their experiences
  9. teja8784

teja8784 Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ravi My punto is of 2012 model and have ground clearance of 185mm, can i still go ahead for 195/65 R15???
    What about 205/60 R15 is it fine for upgrade???
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can take this size, but I don't see any usage of increasing profile with already 185 GC.
    Yes you can upgrade to this size, but this might affect your FE. 205 size on Punto is overkill, I feel. 195/60 R15 is best size to keep.