1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good choice. Hardly goes wrong with Michelin's. :)

I didn't realize that you needed 205/55 R16. I was thinking 195/60 R15 and told you around 6k per tyre.
    Giridhar likes this.
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Not actually,it's not brand specific, I have seen many michelin XM2 with sidewall punctures repaired & with bulges, also there are many reviews on internet suggesting same. However PST has not been associated with similar issues.

BTW, for 205 /55R16 size Pirelli Cinturato P7 is also good option with impressive FE & Grip.

rps20161005_212049.jpg
    nkrishnap, Giridhar and ramjn like this.
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    But looks like road noise is higher than Michelin.

Till now I have driven almost 150 km. Road noise is very low with the new tyres when compared to good year. Maybe will try pirelli in the next tyre change. and thanks for your great analysis on different tyres. It was very helpful and my partner liked your analysis. :)
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    For this size acceptable tyre noise as per EU laws is 73 to 74 dB. So 71 is much lesser than that, though more than michelin PST And not forget the FE & Grip ratings as compared to Michelin PST.
    Anyways, I am not sure if this Blue is available with pirelli dealers in India as I have not checked though the Pirelli India website says it's available.
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  5. iFiator

iFiator Timido

india
    hello team fiat,

I am owning a 2013 punto mjd emotion(odo-51500 kms). my stock tyres are goodyear. Wheel- 195/60r15. The tread of the tyres look like they can run for another 2000 kms, but i am planning to buy new set of 4 earlier and not wait for stock ones to become flat. Which brand do you think would be best for least wear and tear and with lowest in cabin noise.

A dealer quoted 5900 per tyre for michelin primacy. I dont know if its just primacy or primacy 3st as giridhar has shown. And for apollo 4500/-. I asked the reason for such a huge price difference. He said-" Bhaiya michelin ki bat he kuch aur hai woh cheez he alag hai." (michelin is very different and very superior quality). Alignment balancing and fitment would be free with set of 4.

And what are other options i can look at.

Thanks
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I would recommend Michelin primacy3st. Make sure the production date is less than 6 months

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    I have replaced my stock tyres viz Apollo Alnac (175/70R14) of linea classic with Goodyear assurance triplemax(185/70R14).Stock tyres were good at comfort and were very silent but replaced set of goodyear was not as comfortable and silent as them.Although Goodyear was good at grip and braking but gave me hard ride ,hard steering,noise when hitting off roads.well any suggestion for me.....as I'm up to replace my old Goodyear's
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It should be Primacy 3ST. There is no other Primacy sold by Michelin. While I would agree that Michelin tyres are superior, the higher cost could be due to the fact that they are importing it unlike Apollo which manufacture here.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @wasim akram, can you please post the ply composition of Goodyear triple assurance?
    So that we can suggest something better.
  10. wasim akram

wasim akram Timido

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    185/70 R14 88T may this is what you are asking for the ply composition.And by the way what does T or H stands for.