1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Sorry for late response missed it ... Braking is excellent in both conditions... now the tyres have run aprox. 70K .. still tread is good .. no issues on braking as yet... yes the sound is more now..
  2. ragstoracer

ragstoracer Timido

Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Team Fiat,

I have a 2012 Fiat Grande Punto 74HP 1.3MJD. Thing is i wanted to upgrade the wheels and the tires. I made substantial research before going for upgrade but, after looking at the wheels in person i totally lost my marbles and have made a BIG MISTAKE.

I got MOMO Revenge 16 inch and tires - 205/50/R16. Though this covered me in the looks department, its becoming increasingly uncomfortable to drive to to the ride quality. Its particularly horrible in broken bad roads.

I don't want to change the tires as they have run only 2K kilometers. Meddling with suspension is stupidity. So what other options can you guys suggest? Sell them off? It has crossed my mind but when i park and look back at it i somehow loose my mind over it in admiration.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Raghav
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Team Fiatians.

My Tank Avvy has almost run 37K km with around 15 punctures in the span of 2 years time. Please note my left front wheel alone has 6 punctures in it. Planning to change all tyres in next couple of months.

Can you all please guide me in suggesting some good brand but not expensive.

In the span of two years I would have used the Spare wheel not more than 20 km. Question here can I use that one as one of them and make the one of the new tyre as spare wheel? Will that hit the wheel balance?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Giridhar - 15 punctures is just too much.

It is always better to have 4 similar tyres So, I recommend to just retain the spare tyre as spare.

Looking at your history of Tyre abuse (;)), my recommendation would be Alnac 4g. There may be more options. Let others too pitch in. BTW, what brand do you have currently?

Note:- There was no history of puncture at all when I replaced my Linea Tyres at 32k. :)
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar , of late, I replaced my Avventura tyres, here is the link for the hunt. http://www.teamfiat.com/posts/841961206/
    It was 205/55R16 Hankook ventus V12evo vs Goodyear triplemax assurance vsGoodyear F1 GSD 3 vs Michelin PST vs Kenda vs Alnac 4G contest.

Better to keep the OE spare tyre as spare tyre. Don't mix one old & rest 3 new.
    Giridhar likes this.
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @ramjn and @Tornado. Will be going with michelin pst.

Can you please let me know the approx cost to each tyre!!. Any idea

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You should expect close to 6k per tyre.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It cost me 7 k Rs / tyre including fitting, WAWB at Pune for 205/55R16.
  9. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like it is expensive in Chennai. Got all the four tyres replaced yesterday. The change was at 35K kilometers and costed me 30K including fitting and wheel balancing and wheel alignment.
    Thanks for all your support and suggestions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2016 ---
    Here are my new tyres. The tyres are really good and the tyre noise is almost nil. Better than Goodyear. The stability is also better compared to the originally fitted tyres. Happy to have moved to Michelin. For sure will recommend this brand if anyone wants to change.

But still had thought of moving to Apollo alnac but my partner turned it down. :( . Would have been less expensive compared to Michelin. :).

IMAG2033.jpg

IMAG2034.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2016 ---
    Also got with manufacturing date as 2916 and 3016. :)
    Tornado, pdash, ramjn and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Err.. I mistyped, me too got them @7500 INR/tyre. i. e. 30 k for the set of 4.
    Treadwear rating of Alnac 4G is 280 so advantage of cost gets nullified while comparing it with michelin PST which has got treadwear rating 340.
    Giridhar likes this.