1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for your comments Tornado. The OE size is 205/55R16 91 V and its MJD emotion.The points about storage and aging were also in my mind. I think i will have to change all four Tyre. 55 profile Tyre looks little short , being 113 mm in height.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    This is adequate size for Linea, if you have complaint of sluggishness in first two gears, just like verna & VAG ppl have regarding Linea , don't go for upsize.

Check these, I am looking for them for my Avventura.

rps20160905_165858.jpg

rps20160905_165814.jpg
    varunrtr and PradeepM like this.
  3. Pran Nath Jan

Pran Nath Jan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    lost the right front tyre due to side wall puncture. remaining 3 tyres have still have some life left in them (approx 10,000). Looking for one, and my options are:
    1. buy used tyre, Fiatians please help
    2. add tube to the same tyre and use for 6,000-7,000 kms & change all 4 tyres
    3. buy cheap chinese tyre, use for 10,000 kms & change all 4 together
    Please suggest.
  4. wasim akram

wasim akram Novizio

JAMMU KASHMIR
    JAMMU
    Linea Classic
    I replaced my stock tyres of linea classic viz 175/70 R14 Appolo alnac with 185/70R14 Goodyear assurance maxplus .although the grip has become better but I noticed that tyres make noise and give hard ride which was not the case with Apollo alnac.can any one suggest me that should I switch to Apollo alnac 185/70 R 14 .
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @wasim akram, how many kms you have done till now on GY?

@Pran Nath Jan, option 2 is better if it's side wall puncture & not cut.
  6. Pran Nath Jan

Pran Nath Jan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pran Nath Jan, option 2 is better if it's side wall puncture & not cut.[/QUOTE]
    @Tornado it's actually a cut, almost 1.5 inch approx. One more option I was thinking about - to buy 2 new tyres for front and continue with old tyres at rear. So now I have 4 options:
    1. Buy used tyre, Fiatians please help
    2. Add tube to the same tyre and use for 6,000-7,000 kms & change all 4 tyres
    3. Buy cheap chinese tyre, use for 10,000 kms & change all 4 together
    4. Buy 2 new tyres for front & continue with old tyres at rear - help with better option (around 4k per tyre)

Thanks a ton for your response.
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Pran Nath Jan, Using tube option is ruled out coz it's not mere puncture.

Which tyres you are using now, how many kms they have run till now & what's the size?
  8. Pran Nath Jan

Pran Nath Jan Timido

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stock tyres, Goodyear 195/60 R15. Run 27,500 kms
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Why don't you use the spare tyre as a replacement to the cut tyre?
    If you take a decision to fit the spare tyre or any new tyre, it has to be at rear.
    So shift the two rear tyres to front and take the front tyre to rear along with spare tyre.

You can purchase used tyre on OLX, Quickr too and keep it as spare wheel.
    OR you can purchase a cheap Chinese tyre & keep it as spare wheel.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 is superior to most of the tires available in the market as per the users. even one of our members is using it in his punto for a very long time and again went for it again the second time. When I wanted to upgrade, the price was way too high for 16" at above 8.5k and hence decided against it, get it from shops and not online.
    If budget is a concern, you can consider maxxis ma z1, which was my second option, having similar pattern and grip levels but just slightly inferior to eagle with more noise levels. If its 16 inches you are looking at, I guess maxxis have stopped ma z1 and introduced ma z3 in sizes above 15", with slight difference in pattern, I didn't go for it since I couldn't find any users of that who can give me a review, as its a relatively new tire.
    The hankooks which you have shortlisted are also very good but look for the manufacturing date as too many old stocks are in the market.
    platinumshine and Tornado like this.