1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even though tires lasts for 50K Kms i'm ok with it, as the tire cost is 3000 INR, the same branded tire profile size costs me double of it(Used Yoko Earth 1 with horrible road noise).Coming to the properties of tires at the given price should be fine for me, as i'm using bigger size of tires with the given load capacity.Regarding side cut,i'm maintaining tire pressure 32 for this size too.
    Yes, i need to compromise on warranty side,as these tires doesn't come with warranty,so its all matter of luck.

So with which brand of tire you have ended up ?
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am yet to end up with the tyre purchase. I was looking for Hankook but they have stopped the import in my size.
    As of now, Xm2 vs Earth1.
    Regarding your tyres.
    Well, the ply number has nothing much to do with the treadwear.
    Your treadwear ratings are 360,. Rating of 100 means approximately 12000km ,so there should not be a problem for atleast 36000km, and we Indians have habit of pushing them further so tyre life won't be a problem if driven carefully on potholes with proper inflation.
    GANESH H and Ganges like this.
  3. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    Im saying more comfort because while going over the speed breakers and potholes, sometimes the jerking is too high.I know the supension is stiff in linea/punto to keep the handling right. I have met other people also facing stiff ride in linea. So i was just wondering if a 60 profile tyre would help.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
  5. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Linea 1.3
    @Tornado Its 25k. The vehicle is 2012 model with raised GC. The ride stiffness is quite on higher side. Some people use to wonder if the suspension is ok when the vehicle passes over speed breakers. And I use to keep tyre pressure 33 PSI in all four wheels as i drive alone most of the times. Otherwise the recommended pressure is 36 PSI for front and 33 PSI for rear tyres.
  6. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What're the manufacturing dates of the car & tyres. And what's the date of purchase of the car?
  7. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Linea 1.3
    Car manufacturing is Jan'12 and purchase is in March'14. Im yet to check the tyre manf date as im currently out of station.
  8. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Are you first owner of the car or it is preowned?
  9. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Linea 1.3
    im the first owner. bought it from a Tata dealer although the tat-fiat split had already happened by that time.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well, if the car was manufactured in Jan 12, tyres fitted on them are often manufactured 3 to 6 months before it, so your tyres are manufactured almost 5 years back!Do post the manufacturing date code of all the tyres here.

It is not the size of the tyre but the age which imparts hardness s to the ride quality .
    And more importantly, if the car was standing in the stock yard for more than 2 years, tyres gets exposed to Sun, rains, atmospheric pollution, this leads to hardness of the rubber & fabric of the tyres. And this leads to really pathetic handling, ride quality & comfort levels.

Ideally, you should have exchanged the tyres on the day of delivery (this is one of the reason why such cars stored for long time are offered with whopping discounts) just imagine a inflated football lying on the ground for more than two years, what will happen to the rubber inside the leather coat, and what would have happened if that rubber was not covered by the leather?
    Now, you need not go for upsize, mere replacement of all 4 tyres is enough in my opinion.

By the way, what's the OE size of the tyres and which version of Linea it is?
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Utpal Saikia likes this.