1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Amit Rox

Amit Rox Amatore

jammu
    jammu
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yoko earth 1 seems to be a god choice. What is the price and how is the grip level ?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently upgraded to another Chinese brand called Jinyu tyres.There was another Chinese brand with name Hifly,but Opted for Jinyu as it has good reviews for Chinese brand tyres.
    Jinyu Gallopro YH18 profile 205/65/R15.Lets see how it goes. If it serves for 35-40K Kms also I'm happy and satisfied for the given price(3000Inr).the manufacturing date is 10th week of 2016. :)
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Total cost including fitting, alignment, balancing and Nitrogen filling was 20500. Grip level is quite reassuring. Noise level is definitely down.
    sathishgv likes this.
  4. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    If you switch to 185 from 175 then obviously there would be some decrease in acceleration, however it depends on the actual tire too.
  5. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have been using Yoko Earth1 for the past ~40K kms and since May 2014. GT3 lasted only ~25k kms. After changing the tyres I changed my driving style and had been using lot of engine breaking by slowly reducing the speed well in advance. Apart from that I have done tyre rotation 4 times, i.e., around 10K kms. This may have added to the longer life of the tyre. The tyres still looks good and I hope it can be used for another ~40K kms.
    V. K. Pasupathy, kaps and vista7155 like this.
  6. Dr Raviraj Patil

Dr Raviraj Patil Timido

Hubli
    Linea 1.3
    Good morning gentlemen. Iam new to this forum though i have been driving fiat vehicles since many years now. I have a linea multijet 2009 model which has run 109024 kms. today I have upsized my linea tyres from mrf zlo 195/60R15 (44024 kms run ) to yokohama earth 1 195/65R15. I would appriciate all your valuable opinions. thank you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    kaps and vista7155 like this.
  7. Esakki Sundar

Esakki Sundar Amatore

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My stock Apollo acelere ran 41K and i thought of changing. Have finalized P3ST, Turanzo ER60, MRF ZLO. Since i got a Michelin friends and family referral i got 18% discount and each tyre costed Rs.4920. Looked a wonderful tempting offer and went with P3ST.
    Have done a highway trip after changing it and drove for 250kms. The tyres are really super silient. Only on certain thar road i hear the road noise (hmmm sound) inside cabin. Im not sure its normal with P3ST
    rajks and PradeepM like this.
  8. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If the tarmac road is wash out from rains and isnt smooth in a few patches, yes its is normal, not just michelin any brand tyre you would hear that noise, if the tyre is silent on a level surface smooth road, then your tyres are good, no need to worry.

This is okay, you have put in approximately 2% bigger diameter tyres. which is perfectly fine and well with in the recommended limits. I can confirm the same as a first hand user of the same size tyres on a punto(punto has slightly lesser clearance in the wheel arches). I have driven these for 15000kms now and so far so good there arent any problems at all. possibly only down side i can think of is, for every 100kms driven you will have to add 2kms more, that is you need to count it as 102kms instead of 100kms, to get the correct mileage calculation of the car. Which is not going to make any considerable difference.

On the plus size if you maintain the correct tyre pressures, your suspension will take lesser beating and car becomes very very slightly bouncy, and you notice this only during the initial few days of the installing the plus size tyres and once you get used to this, this wont affect you nor will you feel any difference.
  9. Utpal Saikia

Utpal Saikia Timido

Jorhat, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh
    Linea 1.3
    Need some suggestion guys, does anyone have any experience in upgrading to 205/60 R16 tyres from Stock size 205/55 R16 for Linea MJD emotion. Im hoping to get a little more comfort with 60 profile tyres. The upgrade is within 2% increase from stock size as per tyre size calulators.
  10. beaut

beaut Timido

Kerala
    I have completed 85000 Kms in my Punto Emotion Pack. Tyres got changed thrice.

1. Goodyear GT3
    2. Michelin Primacy
    3. Falken Sincera.

My drive is mixed highways and broken roads (more often).

I would rate Michelin as the worst, not worth for the money Cost/Km is worst.
    Goodyear good-Indian roads, doesn't stay long.

Two of the Michelin I used with tubes as sidewall got cut and could not be repaired. The service is the worst for Michelin and Yokos.

FALKEN till now the best, with 2 years replacement warranty (no one else gives).
    Excellent grip, low road noise, smooth and soft.
    I have put this in my Innova too, covered 80K still going strong, much better than YOKOs too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2016
    PradeepM likes this.