1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would choose AVS DB 550 over the Earth 1. 5100 per tyre is too good for such a tyre.
  2. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How sturdy are the tyre and how is the performance?
  3. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That's a very generic question. Between Earth 1 and DB 550, Earth 1 is harder and more tougher. DB 550 is more silent, smooth and comfortable.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Earth 1 would fall under the premium economy tyre and the AVS DB will fall under the premium comfort category. As the category suggests, the AVS DB is a premium tyre which will be softer than the Earth1, silent and will give more cushioned ride. On the other hand, the Earth 1 will be little more harder and durable tyre and would be more suited to the bad road conditions.
    Iyu and mchanna like this.
  5. AjinkyaBarve

AjinkyaBarve Novizio

Mumbai
    i am in the process of changin the tyres on the my punto have had a horrible time with the yoko c drives, was thinking of upsizing them to the 205/60 15 from the stock size.

narrowing down on mrf zlo as a replacement
  6. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What problems did you face with the C drives ?
  7. teja8784

teja8784 Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi guys.... I have driven around 28K on my beast (my punto;)) and would like to change the tyres as they are giving a lot of sound. I have checked with some retailers and they are suggesting me to go for 195/65 R15 if planning for upgrade.
    please suggest if i can go ahead with that upgrade....
    I am looking in for Michelin or Bridgestone....

Mod Note:

1. Post moved to the Tyre Queries thread.
    2. Do not post like this.... Please refer to the TFI rules here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Apollo Accelere or Yoko Earth 1 are better than ZLO, it looks based on reviews.
    Do you have new GC set-up? If yes, stick to 195/60 on 15', I don't see much use in spending money to go for 65.
    If old GC, yes, can think of taking 195/65.
    If comfort is your preference, go for Michelin P3ST or XM2. Else Bridgestone AR20 is also good tyre.
  9. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    If silence is your main concern then there is no other choice than the Michelin Primacy 3st (Silence Tuned). The Bridgestone's are also good tyres and would be generally cheaper.
  10. AjinkyaBarve

AjinkyaBarve Novizio

Mumbai
    have ended up buying 5 c drives all of them have massive sidewall bulges three have faces side wall bursts, and enough punctures between them that i could bought a whole new c drive.

with regards to the size can i go a size up to 205/60 r15 or it is advisable to stick to stock sizes.