1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Update from my side -
    Car - Linea emotion pk
    Tyres - Yokohama A drive 195/60 R 15 , purchased on Oct 2014
    Issue - Driver side tyre suffered a sidewall puncture today. Car has been driven for almost 10K kms since tyre upgrade
    Opinion - I don't think Yokohama tyres are best suited for Linea. After driving for almost 10K kms with them I feel previous Goodyears were better than this.

Question - Can I get replacement for the tyre under warranty? Should I replace them all with something better like Michelins?
  2. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Update to previous post of mine
    I had to change the damaged tyre. Switched to Michelin Primacy 3ST. Tyre is manufactured in 2914 so seems a bit old. Price Rs. 5900 and 200 for wheel balancing.
    Dealer name : Tyre Junction
    Review: Be cautious while buying tyre from this shop. He tried to sell me Bridgestone which was manufactured in 1111 i.e. March 2011. Make sure to check manufacturing date of the tyre before buying.
  3. dhaya76

dhaya76 Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last month, I changed all 4 tyres with Michelin 195X55XR16 and this is the second time I am changing for my car (use to change every 30K odd kms and first time to Michelin) and paid about 34K inclusive of wheel alignment, balancing, nitrogen air etc. I felt like in highway the tyre performance is much better than JK however in uneven roads JK is much better than Michelin, not sure whether I feel like this since this is the first time I am using Michelin tyres (I use Continental Tyres for my earlier car).
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    I changed all 4 of Grande Punto Dynamic 1.3's stock tires with Bridgestone B290 ones. All wheels were balanced and aligned as well. But since then I started getting issues. My car was pulling significantly to right hence checked alignment thrice, everything seemed okay there. Dealer was blaming it on suspension. After a lot of push, I managed to get him to rotate front tyres with rear ones and vice versa. Now, amazingly the car started to pull to left! Suspected that the left front rim was bent hence switched that rim with the spare one. Problem still persists and the car pulls to left. I was so tired after umpteen test drives that I gave up that day. Now planning to give it to KHT Fiat in Whitefield if they can figure out the issue. I suspect one of the rims being bent rather than a suspension issue. Any suggestions/ help that you could offer would be great.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 4, 2016 ---
    Attaching the tire alignment snap hereby just in case it's of some additional help. IMG_20160102_175217.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  5. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    My opinion:
    Most alignment shops doe only Toe adjustment so that the car does not pull left or right.
    From your reading the Camber is +ve not on alarming side but check if you can get this adjusted using shims.

As for as castor goes, you might require to check the bushing as it could be worn out.
    someshvar likes this.
  6. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks @SanketGajane . Gave it to KHT Fiat Service Station over the weekend. They have spent whole day today to figure out the problem but haven't figured out anything yet. They are asking for another half a day, let's see if it solves the issue. I will get the bushing checked as you suggested.
  7. Shiv Rathod

Shiv Rathod Timido

Pune
    Linea Classic
    Hi All,
    I have linea classic diesel . I have put 185/70R14 . It runs good , no effect on millege .
    I think that would be good choice .
    Because buying New 15 " rims or alloys will be expensive and it rather increase car weight.
  8. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Are JK Elanzo bad tyres? Read complaints on team bhp where they were said to be puncture prone. Which two brands would you guys consider to be at the top in all round performance and durability. How good are Pirelli's ?(I prefer things which are related to italy :shame:)
    Also some info on MOMO alloys will be appreciated.
    A S-Cross 1.3 is in the plans. It's got 16 inch alloys with Jk tyres. Want to plan an upgrade on purchase.
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    JK tyres,don't even think about it...

My preference:

1.Yoko (sportier)
    2.Michelin (quiter)
    3.Pirelli( comfort)

I actually use Falken sincera and they have been awesome till date...0 punctures for 25k kms..,less road noise and very grippy..
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @puntosat Any rough estimate of prices for the brands you mentioned?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 19, 2016 ---
    Can alloys be painted? DIY maybe?