1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. A25

A25 Timido

mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    dear bros,
    while driving, i brushed my cars right hand side both the wheels onto a broken divider stone which had came out loose on the road.
    i had damaged both- front and rear steel rims as well as tires and my rear tire is flat in spite it is tubeless. and rear steel wheel is bent and wheel caps are bent both of them. speed 40kmph. the car vibrated twice with little dent on side body panel below doors.
    my questions are :

1. will my wheels and tires be replaced under insurance ?
    2. are my brakes, axle and other parts be damaged ?
    3. can i fit in oem alloy wheels , even tough i have steel wheels ?
  2. Dhileepan Karthi

Dhileepan Karthi Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. Jass7840

Jass7840 Timido

Chandigarh
    Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey Bai'z,
    I've gone with Sonar tyres with size 195 60 r15 !
    Some says they're the best other says they're the worst :/
    *Advise*
  4. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sonar Tyres, looks like Chinese ones as never heard it before....
  5. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any review on tyre size in 195/55-R16 on the forum?

I dint find any hence asking,

Apparently the only brands making tyres in that size are, apollo (Alnac 4G) and Bridgestone (B250) these are the only ones I came across. The others on-line, are brands I have no clue about like Sincera etc.

Are these the only choices or any others one available?

And if so, which one is better than the other?

Though there are other/top brands in 205/55-R16 size, I prefer sticking with 195 section width, for I intend to use it on a puny 1248cc engine.:smuggrin:;)
    bharath likes this.
  6. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    If you increase 55 to 60 then youll be getting products from best brands.try to avoid apollo.
  7. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I will buy the 60 profile size tyre provided its available in good brand, dint come across any for the past 3 years, in the following size 195/60-R16 now did I find 185/60-R16 either size is awesome for me, if you can find one it would benefit us all in the forum!

Another brand that has tyre 195/55-R16 is Goodyear (Assurance triple max) brand new model. If any one can tell me how these three compare, between apollo alnac 4G, above mentioned goodyear and Bridgestone B250 it would be great!
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  8. Masum Reza

Masum Reza Novizio

Kolkata
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah my bad it seems for profile 60 and rim 16" minimum width is 205.Checkout snapdeal they have good prices.
  9. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

I have used, 205/55-R16 and 195/65-R15 on punto, both these tyres touch/rub against the inner plastic cladding of the car on heavy bottoming and full turns.

Hence looking for 195/55-R16 size which had lesser width than 205/55-R16 tyre and lesser circumference than 195/65-R15.

Michelin doesnt make these and nor does yokohama or pirelli (I mean premium reputed brands dont have a tyre in this size). only other choice as of now are the Apollo's brand new Alnac 4G, or Goodyear's brand new Assurance Triple max or Bridgestone's older model B-250s.

All the manufacturers have these tyres in their highest load and speed ratings of "87 V" and two of them have it in lower speed rating at "87 H" for punto/linea we should pick up only the higher rating ones. Real user's opinion on these tyres would be awesome.
  10. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did 195/65 -15"s scrap the inner plastic, hope you are on 185mm GC
    Few members on this forum confirmed that its the best upsize on 15" are 195/65 and 205/60 without scraping either wheel arch or well.
    I saw a 2014GP with 205/65-15" WANLI make in FASS and happened to get inside the car as it was going for some suspension noise testing.We were three people in the car (with justified load :)) and drove on undulated road but did not observe any wheel scrapping.
    Guess scrapping would be evident on high speeds with such mammoth size tyres.But that punto was looking very commanding with those tyres.