1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @Ganges I want broader look(sporty look) so only I asked which one looks broader..... :happy:

And keep updating abt kenda...
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    kenda is not really that bad a tyre except its just simply built to the price. The price that it is offered is very attractive and hence I have seen a lot of people opting for it. Going by what my customers have experienced some are happy but a majority is complaining of tyre noise and inconsistant tyre wear. The biggest and most common issue is that it wear's rather rapidly from the sides leaving you with tread only in the centre and almost bald sides by the time one covers 50% of the tyre life. I would any given day suggest the forum members or even my customers to avoid tyres from such brands as there is a reason as to why brands like michelin, bridgestone, yokohama or for tht matter indian brands like apollo, mrf, ceat etc charge significantly higher price to these china built tyres.

Jasveen Singh
  3. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Linea 1.4
    I used kenda on my Bolero and found that the rubber gets hard faster than other tyres. But then again, you get what you pay. The tyres were quite cheap compared to MRF wanderers then...... but had a tyre burst at 60kmph (side wall), vehicle was pretty loaded as was shifting back from Pune with all stuff.

Better stick to noted brands if budget allows else Kenda ;)
  4. ShanGan

ShanGan Timido

Linea Classic
    Hi Friends,
    I have Linea Classic plus, which has clocked 25kms, and the company fitted tyres (Apollo) are almost worn out. Now I would like to upgrade to 195/65 R14 or 185/70 R14, can you please let me know which size will be most suitable for our Indian roads, I am more interested in road grip and comfort ride, also let me know the tyre brand (michilin / continental / yokohama) to be used.
  5. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

Linea T-Jet
    Finally, got the shoes changed today! It's p3st... Got to Test in all road n weather. Mumbai - khalapur in exp highway.. Partially wet, noise reduced considerably, better grip n control. Khalapur-Nagothane via imagica, Pali , nh-17. Pot holes with roads in between.. There seemed to be a better cushion.. Definitely had a good control in wet n during rain.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  7. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

It is hard to upgrade tyres on TJet as the upsized tyres do not fit in the wheel well. I tried getting 205/60/16, but the tyre did not fit in the well so had to go to 205/55/16 only. Please be aware of this while taking decision to upgrade.
    Deepak, Somnath Maitra and Ravi like this.
  8. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear friends,
    i have read a lot on the tyre upgrade were it says the percentage variation should be less then 2.5% but i am still confused what to do as in the calculator the percentage change is -0.81.
    I want to upgrade the old stock size to new size 185/70/14 kindly suggest will it be a worth doing so. My car is Dynamic MJD with ABS and EBD but if i upgrade to new size what is the effect on the ABS and EBD system i dont want to play with the safety of car.

I need expert suggestions on this.

Currently tyres are completely wearied out so need to change them.

Check the attachment[​IMG] tyre_calculation.JPG
  9. shams

shams Esperto

@Atul, 0.81 is less than 2.5 so what is your worry. It's fine to change to this profile. your gc and mileage would go down marginally. As a trade off you will get slightly better grip, braking and looks.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  10. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    @shams problem is not with 0.81 but if you see the image the software gives a value of -0.81 and not positive 0.81 so i am worried if it is ok or not.
    And yes the braking and grip will increase and i want that even Punto is best in handling .
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2015 ---
    also my concern is with ABS and EBD features as with EMOTION model the rim is 15"
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015