1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sriprass

Holy cow, thats lot of wear on the tyre. Its on the verge of going bald. You definitely need to change the tyres. But how did the tyres lose the tread so early? Has this been communicated to the FASS or the tyre OEM?
  3. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Those tyres are too risky for high speed highway drives :wideyed:
  4. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    Going to balaji, turbhe, navi Mumbai next week. Not sure.. May be the road conditions!! The pot holes here have a few road in between
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GY GT3 is hard compund tire,runs well till 9K Kms after that the tire noise is unbearable,during my ownership with these tires experienced many punctures too.During night time drive at low speeds too had a rear left tire blast.Very cheap tires.

Used Yoko AVS DB, Yoko Earth1, Bridgestone MY02.Yoko AVS DB(6400INr) are superb tires with less tire noise,nice grip in dry and wet both.Earth1 is purely for our conditions,with more tire noise.Currently using Kenda Komet(3000INR), till now happy with these tires with overall running of 11K Kms.
    Pradeepms and pdash like this.
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges correction GY GT3 is a soft component tyre. on the contrary this would be my 2nd set of GT3 on my Punto run 73K kms and I've got it on my Palio as well and have done about 25K.
    I can agree to the tyre noise and honestly that isn't that annoying but honestly you cannot rate is as a "Cheap Tire". The Ride quality is good, lasts long,decent road grip both on wet/dry and cost wise it is a good value for money.
    I am sure you might not totally agree but I hope someone in this forum will..:bored:
  7. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do u mean Earth 1 is more noisy??
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Agrrement is my experience and kind of satisfaction i had.
    Tire noise :- No tire is noise free,Yoko AVS DB is not silent tire at the same time silent too when compared with GT3.i didnt opted for GT3 ,because i really had bad experiences with GY GT3.The tire blast at low speeds @60Kmph.its a very good long runner tire, with puncturess too i retained it for more than 50K Kms.

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    Yes i felt the same with tire profile 205/65/R15.

IMG_20121209_203932.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  9. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges was bridgestone my02 was looking broader than yoko earth1?
    Which one u will vote for between these 2?
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2015 ---
    And if possible more light on Kenda komet, bcoz it looks like half the price of yoko or bridgestone and if we are getting same quality, y not Kenda?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Pradeepms
    Bridgestone MY02 on any day,can also be confirmed by @DRIV3R :) .Comfor tires,low noise can compare with Yoko AVS DB.These are costly and the other problem is the availability.i didnt observed so keenly for the broadness between Yoko Earth1 and MY02, there should not be any problem with the broadness of My02.These are soft compund tires,so you can expect some body roll too.
    kenda komet i'm using is the older hence the price is less,the current version of Kenda is Komet CR23 which is 4K INR i guess.my next change will be Kenda for sure,already 11K Kms in three months, wait for another 3 months will post my experience.Eventhough if it lasts long for 30K Kms,i'm happy customer.
    Pradeepms likes this.