1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi folks,

I have done 38000 Kms on stock tires (Apollo Aceler 195/60/R15) in Linea Dynamic 2012.
    Please suggest if i should stick to same or upgrade to 205/60/R15. Any particular brand ? How is snapdeal when it comes to tires.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pdash I think nobody has used 195/70r14
    If u r trying let me know ur experience
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Spoke to few Tyre dealers today, every body said no to 195/70 R14. They told this does not suit the profile(did not get any scientific reason). and every body advised for185/70 R14. I am going with Yoko Earth 1 185 section. It will lower the GC by 4MM. Each tyre is going to cost 4.2 to me( fitting,alignment balancing is free of cost)
    Pradeepms likes this.
  4. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I am planning for Yoko Earth1 for my Linea 1.4 Fire (195/60/15).
    Seems durable and good enough for the price.
    Will reply back with initial report soon.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2015 ---
    I would prefer to stick to the stock tyre size.
    195 does a good enough job, besides 205 might scrap fender during bumps or turns.

Recently my Yoko A drive just gave way and planning to change all 4 to Yoko Earth 1
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @pdash try bridgestone my02 sports, it has got looks and looks bit broader than others....
    pdash likes this.
  6. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Just got all 4 Yoko Earth 1 for My Linea (195/60/15) , upgraded from 4 year old Yoko A drives.
    Initial Impression:
    The car feels more planted, comfort level has increased, Sound level has decreased from previous tyres.

Have driven only 200kms.
    Will report more after few days.
    pdash likes this.
  7. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Pradeepms , its Good Year NCT 5 205/55R16
    Pradeepms likes this.
  8. sriprass

sriprass Novizio

India
    Nagothane
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi TFI,
    It's been a long time since I logged in here due to various reasons. Well, my T-Jet is having a great run. Clocked 19.5k. Did two long trips from Nagothane to Tanjavur, TN. Both times reached in about 20 hours non stop. On return journeys had a break. Am gonna make one more such trip this September from Nagothane to kanyakumari. Thinking to go for a tyre change before that.
    The reasons being, had a tyre burst, rear left, with no load at at less than 60 kmph between Alibag n Nagothane when I had made around 9k. Changed with same bRand GY tyre. Had a skid in a ghat between imagica and Pali. Speeds at around 50-55,last week, though it was raining. Rotated tyres at 17k. The pot holes here has roads in between.
    Need suggestions. Thanks in advance.
  9. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all,
    Yesterday I was talking to Bridgestone shop guy (my friend was doing wheel allignment for his figo), he said for punto u need big tyres and he told 195/60r14 is good and suitable for punto (but this will reduce some GC i believe, bcoz stock is 80mm height and this is 60mm) and he also told if I have plans of putting alloys, then I can go for 205/60r14 which will look very sporty.
    waiting for all the suggestions/inputs on this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Good to hear that T-jet is munching miles. I think its too early for the tyre change. The skidding which you mentioned must have been due to aqua planing when you drove in a puddle of water and there was a loss of road grip on the tyre. Good year is a good brand (although not my favourite) and should last long. Have you inspected the tyres, are there any visible uneven wear? I am sure the tyres must have been aligned and balanced together along with the tyre rotation at 17K. Can you post some pics of the tyres for more clarity?