1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did any body used 195 /70 14 on stock steel rim of punto?
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    Replaced the ZLOs on my Punto today to Continental MC5 195/60/R15. The ZLOs had done 39K and had little tread left. Got the tyres changed from Madhus in Bangalore. Price = 5450/- per piece + 750/- for alignment/balancing = 22550/- . Got buyback of 500/- for the old tyres.

Initial impressions are good. Improved comfort and grip levels, lowered tyre noise. Will be doing a long drive soon and will provide a detailed feedback. Ride comfort has improved quite a lot as I could make out while driving on the flyover joints on the ORR.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  4. Simarpreet Singh

Simarpreet Singh Timido

dehradun
    dehradun
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi Friends,

I am planning to change my Fiat Punto Evo Active tyres. I would like to get alloys on.Now i have no clue for which brand to go for tyres or alloys?For GP have heard 98 PCD was required not sure about Evo concept. Please guide?
  5. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    98 PCD is a must for Fiat India cars. Little tough to get 98 pcd outside. IMHO, you should buy the original alloy wheels from Fiat to make it hassle free regarding the PCD issue.
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Guys I shifted to Vredestein Sportrac 5 since Dec 2013, have driven over 41K and must say have been fully satisfied ( Maybe more then that) .... tyres are still good to go for another 40 K easily ... One thing that I did religiously is Tyre Shifting, balancing and alignment at regular intervals.... My recommendations would surely be Sportrac 5
  7. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @cgujral what abt grip and breakings in wet condition....
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Friends,
    Can you please guide me about the performance, durability and suitability of GoodYear Eagle F1GSD3 205/55 R16 (91V) for my Linea T-Jet 2012 model (2011 manufactured). Our road conditions are rural (country side) type and wet climate more often, where Jeeps work better. I liked the tread design (unidirectional) in these tyres. My Tjet has already leapt about 37K kms.
    Please respond to let me decide.

S A SHAH
  9. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Eagle F1 are slick tyres, not at all advisable on bad roads. These are also Single directional tyres which means you cannot use a tyre on the left to the right side plus keeping a same spare tyre would be a night mare.
    If you are keen to be with GY, I suggest NCT5(has been a OEM for C,E class, Skoda Superb and plenty more) and also GT3.
    Personally I didn't find any issues except a slightly higher tyre noise but it is a Quality product and cost wise it is a definitely it's worth the money.
    My Punto just clogged 72K, I changed my 1st set at 40K even though it had a considerable life of over 5K and I would change my tyre again at 80K, and so far the tyre thread is good for another 10+K.
    On my Palio, I've had NCT5 (185/60 14) for little more than 46K then I've downsized the tire size to 175/65 R14 with GT3..
    S A SHAH likes this.
  10. vaibhavc

vaibhavc Amatore

Goa
    Hi,
    Can anyone advice if i can upgrade to 205/60/R15 for my Linea? Presently I am with 195/60/R15 but would like to have wider tyres. Since mine is 2012 model with higher GC should i go for 205/55/R15?