1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. amit2301

amit2301 Novizio

KOLKATA
    Kolkata
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I'm happy with yokos
  2. Daipayan Chattoraj

Daipayan Chattoraj Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Hi,
    Would like to know whether anyone upgraded stocks to 185/70 for Punto 1.2
    I am taking delivery once stock arrives from garodia fiat Kolkata and would like to change the tyres. Any idea where I would get the best exchange deals
  3. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi I just upgraded the stock JK Tornados after 30K Kms on my Punto 1.3 with Michelin 185/70 R 14. Must say I am impressed. Reduced road noise, and much improved ride comfort. I must say that might be because I am comparing it with my JK Tyres which were towards the end of their life. But still I feel on the whole a worthy upgrade.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. Vibbs

Vibbs Timido

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Costed me 4.5 K per tyre.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    The Michelin tyres obviously have more virgin rubber content and when the road is hugged or gripped more, the steering will become a bit tight. As expected only.

Abdul
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 22, 2015 ---
    I have a Punto Evo Active. I had it upgraded to 185 60 R15 Apollo ALNAC 4G right after delivery. Its a good dry weather tyre and very grippy as well as comfy, but I am unhappy with its wet weather capabilities. Scary at times.

The true character of tyres will show up only in the active variants as they do not have any brake assist in the form of ABS and EBD. So it acts purely on the driver brake pedal load and the grip and road characteristics.

On the higher variants, one cant decipher if the tyre is really good on its own ,as the ABS /EBD will sense the anomalies and kick in to help the gripping thereby masking the entire phase of braking to release of the pedal. This makes a strong case to go up the ladder on the variants in future unless the car makers follow the recent guideline of the govt to make ABS as mandatory on all variants.

Abdul
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  7. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    @Vibbs
    You got a very good deal in Bangalore we are getting from 5.1 to 5k depending on the shop.
    But I went for Yokohama earth 1 185/70 r14 for 4k on exchange.
    stock tyres completed 23k and only one tyre was good which I am using as a backup spare tyre
  8. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vista7155 Please share your feedback on Yokohama earth 1 185/70 r14. My tyre change is due from last month. Had to drag a little for wallet assurance.

Did not get the discount coupon from @dhinas for XM2 so considering Earth1 now.
  9. Daipayan Chattoraj

Daipayan Chattoraj Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Punto Evo 1.2
    Does any tyre dealer in Kolkata exchanges stocks? What is a good price to settle if exchanged immediately after purchase
  10. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Bangalore
    In My Linea changed the tyre 205/55/R16 around 42000 KM

Review after 1000 KM
    Tyre is little noisy , but rough road its good , i felt its better than Michelin (Fitted in Ford fiesta)
    Road grip is good
    I felt wet grip is very good even at 110Kmph in heavy rain i can feel the control.

Worth for money