1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Yes sure will give updates
    54e89bd53912f4e4ab1a594c1013c97d.jpg a854e4e4715ecd6e710f050d957f3877.jpg 4c7b148b7ed99ae2cd3585b0354309d2.jpg
    Anup and Ganges like this.
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u guys know about FALCON tyres???? Any idea or experience on this....
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See this
  4. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks @Ganges my main doubt was is Falken and FALCON are same?
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i think falcon is for two wheelers.FALKEN is known as a tire brand for 4 wheelers.
  6. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Got the stock Apollos changed on my new Tjet dynamic pre-facelift model. Have put Yoko Earth1 195/65R15, for 5300/- each. But Didn't really notice major improvements. Actually I wanted to put 205/60R15 but no dealer had stock. Even the stock Apollos of 195/60R15 looked wider when put with the new ones side by side. Has anyone tried 205/65R15 on Linea Tjet ? Please share experience..
  7. rajarajankrt

rajarajankrt Timido

Bangalore
    Hi,
    I need to replace the tires for Punto active.
    Pls let me know the specification of the tire which suits good.
  8. Excelerate

Excelerate Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    This is indeed a sad news, i have had experience with SKY moto and i can tell you that these guys at SKYMOTO are not professional at all. No idea on Jay Vijay though, thought they were only selling renault. Good that i got my car serviced recently from Pandit.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
  10. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had been in a hunt for my stock tyre (Good year) replacement as it has reached is lifetime of 35K. when I went for my regular wheel alignment and balancing on 30K, my tyrewala advised me to go for replacement. I thought I could manage until 40K then. But after 35K itself, i got severe vibration in steering well and road undulations started creeping into the cabin.

So I started looking out for good shoes with my priority as

1) Silent and comfort
    2) Puncture resistant (my stock Goodyear did not have even 1 puncture)
    3) long lasting until 40 - 45K

After lot of reviews in the forums I short listed Yoko V550 db & Michellin XM2. I was bit worried about Michellin about its wider perception of being soft side walls etc. But got several forum members vouched for that brand being driven in almost non existent roads still the tyres being very intact. On top of this, I got a very good discount from Michellin through @dhinas. thanks so much my friend. I owe you one.

Called up michellin dealer Car zone aka Vinayak wheels at Coimbatore. The dealer is very responsive and he suggested to consider primacy 3 ST too as it is super comfort tyre (even better than XM2) and latest invent from Michellin and price difference is hardly 150/- per tyre. Hence decided to try primacy and negotiated for free balancing/alignment/weights and also replacement of all four wheel mouths. he accepted all these without much fuss. went to the shop last saturday and changed all the tyres.

Initial impression : Road noice and road undulatons inside the cabin are all gone but the steering becomes bit tight (I feel it was tad light earlier). Now i could hear only the engine and the infamous wind noise inside (planning to go for Dampmat on the doors to arrest some of the engine/wind noise as @sunswape suggested).

Only one grudge i felt was out of the 4 tyres - 2 tyre is manufactured in Sep 2014. But the dealer showed the pamphet from michellin that tyres manufactured upto 3 years ago can be very well used without worrying about the reliability. Tyres will not lose any of the dynamics it seems.

Currently - I am happy about the tyres and post my experience after the run in period of 1000 Km.
    sunswape, Pradeepms and dhinas like this.