1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ZMR

ZMR Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello Guys, I have Punto Dynamic 1.3MJD and my stock tyres are due to upgrade after 3 years and 30000 KM run, I am planning to upgrade it to 185/70 R14 from stock 165/80 R14. i will be keeping the stock rims. i have couple of questions.
    Will it void my extended warranty?
    If Not then will go for the upgrade which will be good XM2 or Earth1
    If Yes then i will stick to the stock size will buy three GY Duraplus(it's stock tyre) & one stepney which is unused till now so four new tyres & any one old tyre will do job of stepney...this looks very pocket friendly option.

Please suggest...
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    no. it wont affect your extended warranty(unless there exists a definite proof of any damage that has happened due to the upgrade - which is notgoing to happen)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 17, 2015 ---
    both michelin n yoko's are really a good upgrade over the goodyears.. however, would recommend michelin.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As long as you are keeping the Stock rims, there shouldn't be any warranty issues.
    Can I offer you a suggestion, think about going for 185/60 R14 you anyway have a good ground clearance, you can gain some good handling characteristics for your Punto.
    If your budget allows you then go for Michelin or you can go for either Bridgestone(MY02 or Turanza), Goodyear(GT3,NCT5) are good. Personally I have had a bad experience with yokohoma tires on my Friend's Adventure and I woulnd't recommend it at all.
    You can keep the Spare tyre as it is, in the event of a puncture use like how these days you get Space saver spare tires, run for least distance and get your main tire fixed as soon as possible.
  4. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How about the options in Bridgestone for 195/60/R15?
  5. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    Thanks for your suggestions,
    I sticked to good year NCT5... Tyre shop owner also suggested to stick to good year , since good year came for 42000 K for my driving this is enough no need to go for Michelin :( but i want to give a try.
    he told that we can feel the michelin after 120 KM speed , and this may not be good for rough roads as this is a soft component...

He also told that FIAT has tested the suspension and mileage with the GOOD YEAR tyres only..

Thanks and Regards,
    Nirmal Kumar N
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I have used Good Year for 10 years now. Cost effective and long life. Just ensure 5K alignment for steel rims and 10K for Alloys they last long
    y2knirmal and Anup like this.
  7. ZMR

ZMR Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Anup, thanks for suggestion but with 185/60 R14 Difference in Circumference will be -6.78%, if it is more than 2% upsize is not recommended?

Sageeshr, in that case i will have to upgrade the Rims as well, which for the time being i don't want to do it. As FASS should take it as a excuse for warranty claims
    KKAUL likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Note: "TYRE OPTIONS FOR LINEA 1.3 MJD" thread is merged with the Teamfiat Tyre guide thread.
  9. ZMR

ZMR Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dhinas Bro need your help in getting discount on XM2 i have sent sms regarding my detail to your no... thanks in adavance
  10. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3