1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Changed all 4 tyres to MICHELIN Primacy 3ST.

Seriously keeps comfort In And Noise Out.

Ashoka Traders, Hyderabad

9750 *4 =39,000
    700 for Balancing and Alignment
    Rs.39,700 in total
  2. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

I have Punto(Diesel Emotion). Till now completed 15,500KM since Feb. 2014. Last few days, i found that one rear tyre has less nitrogen.I checked with local tyre center and found that bubbles and cracks. He fixed it but suggested to go for Michelin tyre.
    Car has Apollo tyres. He also said Apollo tyres have issues. He requested me to go for changing tube.
    Should i replace current Apollo by Michelin ?
  3. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Hi Guys , Good Evening , Need to change my tyre its almost 42000 currently good year Eagle NTC 5 , many people suggest to go for michelin or Yokohama, a local dealer also suggest to have MRF..... I prefer to go with Good Year itself.. any suggestion
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

It depends on your budget basically and the swapping amount you get when you sell the tyres. If Good year has worked for you, then stick to it only. Its good to see that the tyres have withstood 42k kms.

There are lot many options for tyres such as Michelin P3ST, Yokohoma A drives, Bridgestone GT3 etc. Even Apollo Alnac is a good tyre. & then there are Kenda, Falken etc too. Are you planning to keep the tyre profile same or upgrade it. Take an informed decision.
    y2knirmal likes this.
  5. SarKV

SarKV Novizio

My Linea is due for all the 4 tyre change, now almost 45K done on GYE NCT5. Planning to go far Yokohama Earth-1 or Apollo - Alnac/Acelere, suggestions on the selected tyre is welome. Also give your recommendation for the shops, my office in KH road and i live in Electronic City.

Thanks in Advance.
    - VSK
  6. tash22

tash22 Timido

I have a Punto (Diesel Emotion) and it has done around 48k on the stock Apollo Accelere and need to change the shoes on my ride. I have zeroed in on Yokohama Earth 1 tyres which are available in the 195 60 R15 size with the Yokohama dealers and with a quote for Rs.4750. Need to get suggestions about the performance of the Earth 1 tyres any suggestion would be appreciated.
  7. y2knirmal

y2knirmal Timido

Hi Guys ,

Checked with different dealers
    Michelin cost around 9500 a Tyre (i felt its costly :(... )
    Goodyear Eagle NCT5 around 7000 a Tyre --- felt this will be OK (Called and check with Good Year dealer in JC road)
    One dealer is suggesting me to go for Yokohama A Drive its around 7300
    One dealer in tamilnadu said he has pirelli and cost around 8000 (There is no dealers so thinking off)

I used to drive normally max speed 120 Km in highway no rash or fast driving , 50 % highway and 50% city

Kindly guide which one to choose GoodYear or Yokohama A Drive ... or can i for Michelin even its 10000 More

Any one used Yokohama in Linea ... in my office on person is using Yokohama in Ford Icon (size is 185) 20000 KM tyre looks good only.

Thanks and Regards,
    Nirmal Kumar N
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

Linea 1.3
    Have been using Hankook Ventus 205/55 r 16 on my car for the last 25000 kms. long terms report from my end is that, these tyres are really good value for money. Will rate them much higher than goodyear and Apollo acceleres. they still look asgood as new and have a lot of life left in them. very lesswear and tear, and really good grip in the wet. tyre noise is minimal, and looks a million bucks. on par with yokohamas. price range when i picked them up was around 6k per tyre.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2015 ---
    PS - my normaldriving is in the city, and with a few long drives ranging 1000-1500 km every couple of months. been cruising at 130-140 kmph forclose to 4-5 hours without any trouble. really confidence inspiring tires!
    y2knirmal likes this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

Stick to GoodYear, but you can have the other (Assurance) series. Good Years are tough tyres with good sidewalls. My record is 1 minor puncture in 28000km of driving from the Expressways to the moon. (Shirdi-Nagar road as an example). I know folks who install tubes within tubeless Yokos just because of sidewall issues.
    y2knirmal likes this.
  10. shiva_pr

shiva_pr Timido

I am thinking of changing my tyres of FIAT Punto 4yr old, having Primacy LC, run 35K. Stock tyres were comfort, less noisy and good road grip, but didnt gave good mileage (may be due to bad road conditions). I am from south Karnataka, which has moderate rains, roads are OK kind. NH 17 was in bad condition after rain though now the condition is OK. Looking for comfort, sporty look and good road grip.

After several checks, narrow down to the following:
    Yokohama AVS DB/S-drive/C-Drive/Earth1

Michilin Primacy LC/Pilot Sport PS3

Thanks in advance

Mod Note: The tyre upgrade thread already exists. Kindly do search before opening a new thread. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015