1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    I got this quote from Madhus @ JC Road. But I got the Yoko tyres installed at Madhus Langford Road today morning.
    4150 INR per tyre + 700 (Roadforce balancing + weights + alignment) = 17300 INR - 200 INR (for the old tyres).
    Fitting and new air valves were free of cost as well as the free digital Tyre inflator.
    Total cost = 17100 INR
    pdash likes this.
  2. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Look like all are asking for different kind price but the out put is same. SNLP pitstop in Whitefield road is asking 4300 per tyre but balancing and rotation free.. so the price come out is the same.

@vinodvisha How is your initial feeling and feedback about the Tyre.
  3. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    @kr_vasudev,
    1. After each tyre name there is a number in the brackets... it is the total folks who have provided review on the tyre.
    2. While taking the review, the website ask them on the miles completed. Assume 10 folks provide 5000 then it is summed up and posted as 50000!! Eg: Yoko V105 had only 8 reviews and the miles sum of all the 8 reviews is 9500 only. And potenza G3 did not have a number!!
    3. Yes top three is clear. But it does not tell the side wall stiffness. Availability is challenge. Also more reviews might normalize on long run. Like potenza G3 had only one or two reviews but F1 GSD3 had 149 reviews and yet maintains good %age

I am going to check the side wall stiffness before deciding.
    how is the side wall stiffness of F1 GSD3? it comparable to NCT5? or better?
  4. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    >>> how is the side wall stiffness of F1 GSD3? it comparable to NCT5? or better?

I had bubbles and cracks on NCT5, F1 GSD3 I did not face any problem. They have run 26K until now yet look as brand new
    vanandwiz likes this.
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    @kr_vasudev ......... checked with few shops, finally one shop is having F1 GSD3; price is 7500. Tomorrow I will get the fitting done. Thanks for the suggestion.
    kr_vasudev likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Changed two rear tires to Kenda Komet 205.65.R15 profile. 3000INR per tire.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    @vanandwiz, 7500 is correct price, you could order these from justdial same day delivery as well. Please check the year of manufacture this is important while buying new shoes.

I prefer using Nitrogen 36 PS front and 33 rear

All the best
    vanandwiz likes this.
  8. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    Last weekend the new tyres on my ride was tested completely, both in dry and wet conditions. I drove to Pondy and on the return yesterday, got a chance to check how the tyres performed in wet conditions too. I would say these are little harder than the OEM JK Tornados which I had earlier, as I feel a little bumpy on rough roads. Overall road grip and control was good.
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    My stock GT3s were replaced today with Yokohama Earth1 195/65-R15, from Sai Iyengar tyres, Indiranagar at ~31000kms.

All inclusive price with fitment, balancing and alignment was 19,600/-. Did not get anything for the old set as the condition was not good except for the one which was retained as spare.
  10. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    so changed my yoko v550s after running them for 57000 kms. I bought Falken Sincera sn835. They are super quiet and offer above average grip.I bought them for 4500 a piece and they do seem VFM. Also, the tread pattern is very aggressive and kinda different from what i have seen on lotsaa tyres. Lets hope they can serve me well like the Yokos did flawlessly.