1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. drnavins

drnavins Timido

India
    gulbarga
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ganges likes this.
  2. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I also have the same query as @drnavins, any one here who has used 205/60 R15 on Linea, please share experience. Thanx in advance.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I'm due to change the tires,i'm looking for budget tires.

Have any one experienced CEAT CZAR H/T and Kenda KR23 ?

Will retain the same profile 205/65/15
  4. Vinothan Vijaykumar G

Vinothan Vijaykumar G Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team, I have Punto MJD Dynamic with JK 165/80R14 which will be worn out in some time. Which will be the best choice to upgrade..? Is that the same 165/80R14 or 185/70/R14 ? If that is 185/70 will that affect the fuel efficiency and GC a lot ?
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Friends,
    I am planning to change couple of tires for my Tjet 205/55/R16 91V.
    The stock tires were GY NCT5; I have already changed two tires to Michelin 3ST.
    Requirement priorities are,
    1. Dry & Wet grip
    2. High speed cornering
    3. Stiffer side walls: NCT5 was better than 3ST; NCT5 felt better during WOT on remapped beast.
    4. Price or tire life is not a concern
    5. comfort or noise is not a concern
    Options look limited with 205/55/R16 range.
    Checked with BridgeStone select store, GN tyres, XL tyrepoint, Rao tyres
    options are,
    Bridgestone GIII or MY02: Stock not available with 3 shops.
    Michelin 3ST - Available but I don't want it.
    Yoko AR01 - Rs7150
    GY NCT5 - Rs7200
    Conti MC5 - Rs9600
    vredestein Ultrac - Rs 9750
    Any suggestions based on the above priorities?
  6. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I would opt for NCT5 for overall performance.

I have used GY Eagle F1 GSD3, I am very satisfied with overall performance. It is uni-rotational tyre, the tyre shop owners arent happy working with these ones :) 7500/- for 205/55 R16 - 91V

I had recently noticied alloys were bent, instead of replacing the alloys I have downgraded to 195/65 R15 91V again GSD3, with steel rims and wheel caps, tested 180+ on freeway felt no difference in downgrading (Total cost 4 tyers + 4 rims + caps + alignment 28K)

With Good Year brand I see the noise is the only concern. I always drive windows rolled up, not a big challenge for me.
    vanandwiz likes this.
  7. vinodvisha

vinodvisha Novizio

Bangalore
    @Vinothan : I am currently in the same situation as yours. After doing a lot of research in the forums, I have decided to upgrade to 185/70 R14. Today, I got a chance to visit a few shops and most of them were recommending Michelin XM2 (4500 INR) or the Yoko Earth1 (4100 INR). I am planning to get the Yoko on my car this week. See below for the minor differences we see in the speedo readings with the above upgrade.

upload_2015-5-20_13-40-43.png
  8. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Kr_vasudev. Checked for GY Eagle F1 GSD3; tyre shop owner had frown on his face and rejected it!!

Meanwhile, I compiled a review table from tyrereview.co.uk. But it does not have side wall stiffness data. I am trying to get that from net. Weekend visit to Whites road, Chennai might give more info.

TyreReview.co.uk.jpg
    Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @vinodvisha Can you please share where did u get the quote from?

And don't forget take your free digital Tyre inflator if you are buying 4 Earth 1 tyres.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    >> Thanks Kr_vasudev. Checked for GY Eagle F1 GSD3; tyre shop owner had frown on his face and rejected it!!

I was expecting this :) tyre shops arent happy working with these tyres.

are you sure on the miles data compilation? I see GY are reflecting long lasting miles

Bridgestone was OEM tyres in my Palio. You have top 3 so easy to pick any now ;)