1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    i had upgraded from gt3s to yoko v550s at 40000 kms.The odometer now reads 98500 kms. The yokos have gone on all terrains possible. My dad used to travel to palghar n the roads in these industrial zones are pathetic to downright scary. The ride has become a bit of uncomfortable though i did take my linea on a 300km trip a few days back wherein speeds reached around 160 k/h on mumbai-pune expressway. The Yokos are still holding up well but i wanna be on the safe side n change them. The tyre guys at premji tyres in thane had asked me to change them some 25000 kms back but i didnt pay any attention to dem coz other tyre shops said u can do 15k more on dem. According to me these v550s are the best. They have never let me down but i am thinking about MRF ZLOs juz to save those extra bucks bcoz i will b selling my linea in 6 months time :( Do you guys have any suggestions ?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @GoDofWaR
    New tyres will also be considered used once they are on the car. How new or how used they are leaves room for argument (doubt) from the car sales point or buyer's point of view. You should upgrade if the car cannot brake well in the rains expected in future. If you think the running is less and you could push them through the rainy season all the better. Spend on body or mechanicals and keep a good service history instead of spending on tyres esp. if you want to sell it.
    GoDofWaR likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi,
    Have anyone used CEAT CZAR H/T tires?
    Thanks,
  4. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    I am using Yoko Earth 1 for last 35K kms. Only 1 puncture in 35K kms!
    Still 10K kms life remaining.
  5. drnavins

drnavins Timido

India
    gulbarga
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have punto emotion 1.3mjd. I am due for change of tyres. I want to upsize the 15 inch alloys from 195/60 to 205/60. Urgently need to know , whether 205/60 is compatible. I don't mind drop in FE.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Drnavis,
    You are missing few basics of tire profile and alloys information.I think you are looking for tire profile change? And not alloy change.

If you have 15 inch alloys , then best suited is 205/55/15. Or recommend you to the proven(*) profile 195/65/15.

*:- I have used it and happy.
    drnavins likes this.
  7. drnavins

drnavins Timido

India
    gulbarga
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ganges...
    Yes its about tyres....I know 205/55/15 is best for 15 inch alloy. But I want to go for 205/60/15 or 205/65/15...just want know, whether compatible or not.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i guess there should not be any effect on inside fenders due to the 205/60/R15,as my previous tires were 195/65/R15.
    Coming to 205/65/R15,i will say a big NO,currently i'm running on it.Wheels fenders have got damaged(with proper shape to occupy the additional space of tire) from inside when fully loaded.
    205/60/R15:- i dont see any problem in using it,at last its your call.
    drnavins likes this.
  9. saptarshi.goswami

saptarshi.goswami Novizio

Pune
    I have Punto Dynamic 1.3 and my stock tyres are due to upgrade after 2 years and 45000 KM run. I want to upgrade to 195/65 R15 along with linea steel rim and wheel cap. I have shortlisted P3ST and My02. Guys please suggest which one is better or if I need to anything else. Please let me know as well some place in Pune where can I get some good deal?
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning to change my tyres before the long drive. I am currently thinking of two options, 1st one is stick to 14 inch and upgrade to 185 70 section OR buy 15 inch Linea steel rim and put 195 60 section.(Common upgrade)

What will be the major difference in between the above two options?
    And with 185 70 and 195 60, car will be lowered by 5mm if I upgrade from 165 70 14 section of tyres.

Please let me know if my assumptions is correct and what is the major advantage and disadvantage of this upgrade.