1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Hi krish...
    what's the issue you are facing with alloys?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2015
  2. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It has been few days since I got Michelin Primacy 3ST installed on my Punto Sport. I immediately noticed the difference in terms of noise and comfort. Yet to test it on highway.

The only negative thing I noticed is that, all four tyres have small stones/gravel stuck in between tyre tread. I don't know if this is serious or not.
  3. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes small Stones in my tire too still now no issues faced due to that, when you ride a long run on hi ways the small stones get away
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I do not have after market alloys on my car.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The stock of P3ST were from H1 2014 and hence went for SDrive as the Cdrive were also latest of Oct 2014. But the real reason was the amazing thread pattern of Sdrive.

The new SDrive is of 9th week 2015 and India made. Also the centre hardness is same as Cdrive with side wall slightly harder than Earth1. The earler Sdrive were much harder. All this is basis feel by hand at shop.

5K per tyre - 1200 for each old 10K run JK - 700 for old rims
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,
    I am planning to upgrade my punto tyres from 14" to 15". It is Michelin 3st 195/60R15. Thanks a lot for suggestions and guide @shams. Just read in another thread that above 150kmph speed MID shows error due to this upgrade. Anybody has faced this issue??
  7. Somnath Maitra

Somnath Maitra Timido

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi all,
    Could anyone confirm me if T-Jet dynamic pre-facelift model could be fitted with 205/60R16 or may be 205/50R17...
  8. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    I have read a lot of good reviews here and also on other forums about the Michelin's. My car is getting new shoes this weekend (Michelin Primacy 3ST 205/55/ R16) I hope it is worth the investment. If anyone has anything to comment, please feel free to do so. I would like to hear from you. I also had a cracker deal for Falken Azenis and was saving almost 10k but did not get enough reviews to go for it. Another option that I had considered was Continental MC5 which is quite a good tyre and an all rounder as per my readings. However, people have stated that it wears out fairly quick. Hoping for the best from the Primacy's.
  10. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    My Linea stock tyre has already done 43K with 35% wearout, planning to change to Michelin - Primacy 3ST - 205/55R16 (91W).

Kindly suggest if anyone has gone for the same. I am looking for silent drive with good wet and dry grip for city and highway driving.

Michelin dealer is quoating 9500 for each tyre, 750 for balancing and alignment and not charging for fitting the tyres.

Thanks in advance