1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ dhinas, Thanks a lot for the code brother. Got a quote of Rs.4600 per tyre for Primacy 3ST after discount (before discount Rs.5750).
    pdash and dhinas like this.
  2. Krishna Chaitanya

Krishna Chaitanya Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dhinas,

I got message from Michelin India. I will get the new shoes before this weekend.

Thank You once again for your help brother!

- Krishna Chaitanya
    dhinas likes this.
  3. Krishna Chaitanya

Krishna Chaitanya Timido

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Free Wheel Balancing for the life of the tyre? Is this offered by the tyre dealer?

Here the dealer says that wheel balancing and alignment is not complimentary. Dealer quoted 900 bucks for the same!
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The offer is from the dealer....When i asked him about this he said customer service sir.....and when i was leaving he said "Sir please come again after 5K for Wheel Balancing".. IN Delhi BK tyre is the best and reliable dealer. (he does not have facility for wheel alignment). Also he did not charged me for the valves.
    dhinas likes this.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @prashantgupta84 - Which dealer did you get this offer from in Delhi.

Also a question to all. I have driven 9950km on stock tyres JK Tornado ( ya ya, stop cursing me ). Would it be a good decision to change tyres now when i dont think I will get more than 600-750 for these ? Or should i use them up for more 10K km and then upgrade. Also planning to go on a Leh trip this year. What should i do, change tyres now or after the trip and the tyres will get a good beating in the Leh trip.

My choice of tyres are either Yokohama C Drive or Michelin XM2. is that a fair comparison ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2015 ---
    @dhinas - Bro can you still help me with the 20% offer on Michelin ...plz...
    dhinas likes this.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g JK tyres will be good at least upto 30K. and You can leave happily with them in city driving till 40K with regular rotation.

10K km is going to be too less for changing any tyre.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  7. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kunwar.g sure send me SMS with details I mentioned in earlier post
    kunwar.g likes this.
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I got them from BK Tyre Lajpat Nagar.....
    IMO you should use JK tyres till they are worn out....and then go for change......
    First go to some shop ask them about what they will give you for your JK Tyres....if you are getting a good deal then only change the tyres....
  9. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks for your help bro. Got a quote of 4680 for XM2 195/60 R15 from 1 dealer about 3km from my place. Need to get the Linea Steel rims from FASS
  10. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great deals bro , hoping to read your feed back after the tyre change