1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok can you refer me any authorize person/firm who does all so That I can get my punto evaluated
  2. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is a small twist to the theory, your trip computer is more or less a calculated estimate can you do sometimes get Promising/Disappointing figures, however that does not happen all the time.
    Tank to Tank method is tried and tested method however there again there is a issue, the issue with our Indian Petrol fillers, I at least cannot imagine how a 47 liter Tank(Palio) fill upto 53.7 liters of fuel considering your piping storage can hold upto 3 odd liters. Again if I were to calculate my efficiency based on this, my Palio gave me a mileage of 7.9, I got confused, asked myself a question was I driving a Daewoo Cileo:dead: .
    Anyway the Point what I am trying to convey is trust your instincts and your Trip Computer :) because we have one
    dhinas likes this.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    The size is not a problem with the Linea because the newer cars come with 205/55 r16 tyres. If you are okay with the XM2 and want to save some money you can go ahead with it but if you want a better tyre, then the Primacy 3st is the one to choose.

Since you work for Michelin can you tell me if the Primacy HP is sold in India or not? I was told by a dealer that it isn't available and one can't buy it in India. I am looking for in the size 205/55 r16.
  4. thiruppathi

thiruppathi Timido

salem
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    In chennai 205 55 16 michelin primacy 3st is available at a cost 9800 bugs
  5. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Primacy HP Is available in India I checked with Michelin CC 18001036424 and when I checked with dealer in Chennai they said its available for size you mentioned prize 10200 INR.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  6. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    28000 KMs on JK tyres that came along with my vehicle, I planning to change the tyres next to 185/70 R14,.
    Can you refer me a place in chennai around Velachery/OMR where I can change the tyres and who gives me a best deal too
  7. thiruppathi

thiruppathi Timido

salem
    chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Places like GP road in royapetta will be having more options though I carry out my tyre works in Lal tyres in Lloyd s road
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2015 ---
    And the price is less than 10000. I enquired in 2 places but for the buy back of good year NCT5 @a cost of 4500 per tyre
  8. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,

I drive a punto 90hp 2010.have clocked 1.12 kms till date..

Too many posts on forum getting bit confused. .. need help and suggestions in selecting the best tyres
    currently using mrf zvt and mrf zolo in stepene.

Now bit confused to choose brand
    Apollo
    Continental mc5
    Bridgestone

Pls Advice...
  9. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Buy Bridge stone Er 60 185/70.Hard rubber but useful for Indian roads.Nice grip,handling.
  10. Bonofer

Bonofer Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi.. I am upgrading my Fiat Punto tyre to 15' inch. Which is the best OEM alloys for the upgrade (some one suggested HRS - is it good?).. Also how expensive is the FIAT OEM alloys?