1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Vivek Kuber

Vivek Kuber Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Friends

I want to purchase Pirelli P7 or Apollo Accelere for my Linea 195/65R15, can anyone suggest me which tyres is better for my car?
  2. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,

I am in a big dilemma now and need advice.
    After enjoying the magic carpet ride for 3.5 years in my 2011 Punto, I am sick of the bad ride quality that my Linea Emotion (Pre-facelift) with higher GC on 205/55/R16 with Michelin Primacy 3ST is offering. Every minute undulations are felt inside the cabin. Extreme bumpy rides. I have listed out few solutions and not sure which one will be the right one.
    • Change the suspensions to the Pre 2012 with lower GC and keep the same tyres and alloys
    • Keep the current high suspensions and change the alloys and tyres to 195/65/R15 Michelin Primacy 3ST. I know the looks are gone but for me ride comfort is top priority
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @Vishi : What is the tyre pressure you are maintaining? Changing the suspension to the pre 2012 set up would be ideal and cheaper but we have to make sure that this will solve the problem.

@Vivek Kuber : On the face of it I think the P7 would be a better choice. But there are many accelere users here who have given good reviees.
  4. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @5u3zEr0. Right now the tyres are running with 33 psi. Yes right now I am thinking of lowering the GC. I have another question. How about changing the tyres to 205/60/R16 with the higher GC? Will it increase the ride comfort. I did check out the difference and the difference in circumference is 64.4 or 3.24%. Will it touch the wheel arch?
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I think you should try bringing down the tyre pressure to 30psi all round. Do this when the tyres are COLD. Then use the car for a couple of days and measure if there is any difference.

Yes, you can do 205/60 (3% plus is okay and I really doubt the tyre will touch the wheel arch) and yes, it will improve improve ride comfort as there will be more rubber to absorb the road irregularities.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Current Tyre price's which I found for size 205/55 r16, you may find slightly better deals if you search around:

Vredestein Ultrac Cento - 9650
    Michelin Primacy 3st - 9400
    Apollo Aspire 4G - 9400
    Continental Max Contact - 8800
    Pirelli P7 - 8700
    Hankook Ventus - 8700
    Apollo Accelere Max - 7250
    Apollo Alnac 4G - 6700
  7. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i use michelin Energy XM2 so far 17k kms done FE 21kmpl if driven at 90kmph approx for dist 450kms, i suggest to go for energy XM2, i can get you 20% discount on Michelin tires for set of 2 or 4,as i work for Michelin india tamilnadu tires share me your tire spec,with name in RC, and your mobile number to my mobile number 9790919003,
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @dhinas

as you mentioned that you are working for Michelin, could you let me know which is best between XM2 and Primacy 3ST for Fiat Cars in specific and the tire life as per company?

My friend bought a new Avvy last month and on advice had changed his stock tires to Primacy 3ST. Earlier another friend bought Primacy LC for his 2009 Punto Epack+ after I asked for suggestion on Michelin website.

Your expertise would be help to suggest friends who keep asking.

Will you be able to help in getting discount in AP as I am planning to buy a New Fiat Linea and wish to change the stock tires? Or should I drive down to Chennai to avail the discount?
  9. dhinas

dhinas Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one of my friend has put primacy 3st in his punto, but in my punto its energy XM2 when we discuss over FE all time I have better result ,i prefer go for energy XM2 , for discount 20% you need to send me your finalsed michelin tire specification,mobile number,name in the Rc to my mobile 9790919003 i will refer your deatails to our team they send you an sms for 20% discount which you have to show to dealdr and make sure ur proof of identity if the dealer ask for identity for Rc
    Kumar Gowda and nbvcrao like this.
  10. vijai

vijai Novizio

coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi dhina - even my tyre change is also due. I am planning to go for XM2. Can I also avail this? I am from Coimbatore.
    dhinas likes this.