1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have tried to claim warranty, but the dealer said the sidewall had cut due to stone hit. He showed me marks on wheel cap too.After heated argument, he agreed to pay me half of price. For another 2k, i bought another tyre and returned the older tyre.
  2. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    My stock tyres are out of time and I need a new set of rubber for my ride. I was thinking of upgrade the size from 195/60 R15 to 205/60 R15? The options available in this size is:

1. Bridgestone Potenza G3
    2. Continental Premium Contact 2
    3. Michelin XM2
    4. Yokohama AVS DB

Any issues that might crop up with this size? Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 205 section is a bit of an overkill for the Linea. The 195 section does perfectly fine. You can look at 195/65 R15, it will fill the wheel wells and give the cushion ride over the stock ones. Also thr 195/65 R15 almost matches the 205/55 R16 in the diameter.

There will be more options in the 195 section tyres to choose from too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    bharath likes this.
  4. accentgiri

accentgiri Timido

I have used DB 195/60/15 Yokohama for my Punto Emotion model.
    The tyres were very good. I got an average of 22 kms / litre of fuel.
    No noise as said by the company. Not even a single puncture for entire life of the tyres. I was able to drive 45k with a set of 4 tyres.
    The tyres are rotation based, once during alignment, they interchanged the tyres left and right front, with a wrong rotation I covered around 1200 Kms with slight hardness in my steering, if continued as such, the wear on tyres would have been more(due to wrong rotation)
    I got it replaced very recently with 205/55/15 Yokohama sports tyre.
  5. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    Which sport tyre did you replace it with? A DriveR1, S Drive or Advan Sport?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This upgrade is ok, from size perspective. But stock size will offer you more options.

If you are looking for comfort, Michelin P3ST (not in 205 size) or XM2 or Yoko AVS DB series tyres.
    Else Bridgestone Potenza G3 is also nice tyre.
  7. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Novizio

Bangalore
    Since Yokohama Earth 1 is not listed on Yoko website, not sure about price in Bangalore, however Apollo Acelere- 195/65 R15 (91 H): INR 4838 on Snapdeal- http://www.snapdeal.com/product/apollo-acelere-19565-r15-91/250973862

Anyone has any idea on the price and availability of Yokohama Earth 1 195/65/R15. Also, based on the suggestion from you guys, which one should I go for; Yokohama Earth 1 195/65/R15 OR Apollo Acelere 195/65 R15 (91 H)? Is it good idea to buy from SnapDeal?
    Thanks in advance for your expert advise.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. hocuspocus

hocuspocus Novizio

Gurgaon, Haryana
    Not sure if i'm allowed but here is a link for your reference, it has MRP for all tyres in this size :

http://www.tyreonwheels.com/car/tyre/195/65/15/car_manufact/vs/10/Bangalore
    RoadRunner and Ravi like this.
  10. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually instead of Apollo Accelere, Alnac 4G is better choice. Alnac is supposed to replace Accelere anyway.