1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Completely agree with you on this. Quoting an example here. FIAT service center guys filled in Nitrogen keeping the PSI as 33 for all the tires. Now the next day I went to HP Petrol Pump to increase the PSI to 36 in the front tyres only. To my surprise the reading showed 35 initially. Now I am confused as which device is wrong whether petrol pump or service center :(
  2. Bhoopathi Raja

Bhoopathi Raja Timido

Coimbatore/ Pune
    Pune/Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to upgrade my stock GT3 tyres ( 45,000 kms) 195/60 R 15 to MRF ZLO 205/60 R15 .

I read this thread completely & still i couldn't get sufficient information on MRF ZLO 205/60 R15

So please share information on

1. Steering feel
    2. whether it is fouling with inner wheel arch in steering end to end condition.
    3. road grip in corners
    4. cushioning feel in bad roads
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I got this from one of the shops in JC road for 450 bucks. Though the guage seems accurate, I simply hate the pressure sensor portion of the guage, its way too flimsy and can easily break off with repeated usage.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have been using this since some time. Its a non digital one but the best part is its flexi / rotating pressure sensing knob. Good value for money for @250 Rs. Pretty accurate reading

Coido.JPG
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^in the picture it looks like zero is not calibrated correctly. Zero seems to be where 0.2 should have been.
  6. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No point in worrying about 0.2 PSI. Using the same gauge measure the pressure in early morning and later in the day, say, noon time. You will see 1 or 2 PSI difference! Ambient temperature change causes such differences. Apart from that load in the car also leads to pressure variation. Put 4 people in the car and measure it changes by 1 or 2 PSI. 0.2 PSI error over 30 PSI recommended pressure (well .. it is around 30 +/- few PSI for Fiat cars) is 0.66% error. You can forgive such a small error. :)
    asimpleson likes this.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Its 2 PSI actually. I mentioned 0.2 by mistake. 2 PSI can actually make a noticeable difference in the ride quality.
    asimpleson likes this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    205/60 would increase the overall diametre of your tyre slightly and you will get more rubber so it may foul with the arch. I think 205/55 would be better. No experience with MRF tyres.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2015 ---
    I have been playing aroun with my tyre pressure for some time now and I have finally settled 34/35 all around. Earlier used to maintain 30 all around for city driving and 32 for inter city, then a couple of months back decided to increase to 35 and experiment on my drive to Bangalore and I loved it. Car handled much better.

I have my own tyre inflator with a gauge for the last few years and I fill up by myself on cold tyres which is ideal.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    asimpleson likes this.
  9. Bhoopathi Raja

Bhoopathi Raja Timido

Coimbatore/ Pune
    Pune/Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for your reply.
    I wanted to increase my ground clearance similar to Avventura without changing the 15"alloy. So i opted for this 205/60 R 15.
    Does anyone have the idea of wheel arch parts difference between avventura & punto
  10. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello Everybody at TFI,
    My T-Jet, 2011 model, will be completing 3 years in March 2015 and has 31k Kms on Odo.
    Now, I feel that there is a tyre-change due in near future within three four months, though the tyres have some life left.

I've short listed the following for consideration, please suggest the appropriate ones for final pick or some other option available to meet my needs on overall bad roads mostly the country-side roads
    MRF-ZV2K-205/55 R16 (91V) Rs 5847/=
    MRF-ZV2K-205/55 R16 (91W) Rs 7248/=

GOODYEAR-Eagle-F1 GSD3- 205/55R16 (91V) Rs 7151/=
    APOLLO ACELERE Max 205/55 R16 (91V) Rs 7151/=
    YOKOHAMA ARO1 A Drive 205/55 R16 (91W) Rs 7403/=

Question :
    Can I install a tyre of Profile 60, e.g., 205/60 R16 (91W) on my T-jet ?

Looking forward to receiving valuable suggestions from you who can spare some time to help me in making the final choice.
    With best wishes.
    S A SHAH