1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would suggest not go for 195/55 as it will decrease the GC and comfort as well. Go for 195/60 R15 or 205/60 R15.
    My punto90hp is running with Michillen Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15, driven around 11k kms and they good in both dry and wet conditions. They are super silent and give better ride quality as well. But it does not have sporty looks.
    sunilmh likes this.
  2. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vishi, thanks for the info :)
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    For the Punto, I would suggest sticking to 195/55 r15 than the 205 section, which would be too wide and will rob you of some pick up. The 195/55 would suffice for grip and will also give you good handling as it will be stiffer than a 60 profile tyre.

The S drive is a super sticky tyre and grips really well, I have used 225/45 r17 in them and they performed brilliantly. But they are noisy which is expected from an UHP tyre. The other options could be the Bridgestone Potenza GIII or the Goodyear Eagle F1 assymetric.
    sunilmh likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT recommends 195/60/R15.
    Ravi likes this.
  5. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    I own Linea T-jet Plus with 205/55/R16 stock. My layman feeling is that this tyre size is not ideally matching with the vehicle hydraulic steering system. I mean to say that this tyre size is rather heavy for the vehicle steering hydraulics ! Remember that the same hydraulics is used for smaller tyre sizes of other Linea models.So downgrading to 195/60/R16 should improve the overall car performance at slight cost to handling and MID calibration. Any expert comments pls ?
  6. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @Rahul Singh, thanks for the advice. The short ride from the showroom to house was bumpy and hard on the OEM tires.

The stock tires were replaced with Michelin 3 ST. The stock tires were given back and an additional amount of 16.5k had to be paid for 4 tires with free balancing.

Ride is very smooth and comfortable. Handling of the Avvy is very good compared to stock tires. The tires were compared OEM Apollo Accelere and Michelin. Michelin tire is lighter compared to Apollo. The compound is also softer than Apollo.

My friend is happy for having made an additional investment.
    Rahul Singh likes this.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also same hydraulics are used for base variants with even 165 width tyres. I don't think it will make much noticeable difference between 205 and 195 width tyres.
    Again, there will not be any noticeable changes, either in performance or FE.
    Though 195/60 is ok size to downgrade, from 205/55 on R16.
    Johnycomelate likes this.
  8. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys.. After reading all the reviews, i feel i should go for Michellin primacy3ST .But Snap deal is quoting 24,000 for a set of four. so now i decided to go for Bridgestone turanza Ar10 or Bridgestone AR20. I heard they are pretty similar to Michelin prima3ST in terms of Noise levels and handling.Is it true guys?? If yes ,suggest me between Turanza AR 10 and 20.Or i should still stick to MIchellin??
    By the way Snap deal quotes 20,700/- for AR 20 and 21,200/- for Bridgestone turanza AR10??
    Basically i'm not able to find the difference b/w turanzaAR10 and AR20.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go for AR20, excellent tyre. More robust than Michelin P3ST. Cheaper as well. Michelin will still be better in noise, but all other things, both are comparable.
    I think AR20 is newer than AR10.
    shivraj5624 likes this.
  10. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Mr Ravi for speedy reply.
    My main concern is ride quality..A local dealer just now quoted me 17,800 for Apollo alnac4GS. He said, its made with a Hungarian collaboration. So does it give the same ride quality as given by Turanza AR10 ??
    He has also given me the option of Goodyear eagle F1 for 5000 each tyre saying its the best ever tyre by Goodyear for ride quality. Now my short list will be
    Bridgestone Turanza AR10(as you said)
    Alnac 4GS
    Eagle F1
    One more thing, Turanza is only for AR 10 , and AR 20 is only basic Bridge stone. The number is bigger but not with the Turanza prefix.. Confusing actually.plz suggest me accordingly. Thank you.