1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. msuresh11

msuresh11 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank you Ravi,

some friends are suggesting Bridgestone turanza g3, if you have any idea can you reply for this post

Thank you
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bridgestone Turanza, (I think it is also called as ER60) is an excellent tyre, go ahead.
  3. msuresh11

msuresh11 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank you for your replies
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @msuresh:
    There is new tyre released from BridgeStone. Its AR20. Have heard positive feedback.
  5. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Changed my stock JK Punto shoes (165/80 R14) with Michelin XM2 (185/70 R14).

Total Cost = 19000

Cost per Tyre - 4600 * 4 = 18400
    Tyre Valve - 150 * 4 = 600 :eek:
    Free Wheel Alignment and balancing
    Work done at Sai Enterpises, Baner (Pune)

First impression

- Steering becomes light
    - Silent but not that was i expecting
    - I am no expert but didn't notice any significant difference (compared with stock JK)

Overall happy with change

BTW, Michelin XM2 is available with 165/80 R14 size with price 4K per Tyre.
    Ravi likes this.
  6. dr.stephen

dr.stephen Amatore

cochin
    Cochin,Kerala
    Linea 1.3
    My Linea is on Good year NCT 5 tyres.Already 36,000 KM is covered.I am planning to change all the 4 tyres in 2 months time. I need a tyre set which is suitable for kerala roads (lots of rough and pot holed roads)and that give good FE , wet and dry grip andreasonable noise level,The price per tyre should be around Rs.7000/-.Lots of discussions are available ,but I need some valuable suggestions from members that are using/used a particular brand.My maximum speed is only 100kmph and that is only on open highways.The usual comfortable max speed for me is 90kmph.I am fully saisfied with my Linea now.Thanks to all in advance
    dr.Stephen
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Go for Yokohama DB series tyres or Vredestein Sportac 5 or Michelin XM2.
  8. joyal

joyal Timido

Greater Noida
    Delhi NCR
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I changed my tyres to MRF ZLO 195/60 R15 88 H from its original stock tyres Goodyear GT3 which was giving me pain for a long time!! Amazed by how stylish and super performing these Indian tyres are!! We might brag about Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Yokohama and the likes. But with ZLO by MRF, I am truly amazed. Now MRF also have a premium performance range called ZSport, must check that out.
  9. msuresh11

msuresh11 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thank you for valuable replies,

one week back i visited showroom, they are saying 3 tyres are good in condition, if you change one tyre then you can cover another 25k with frequently doing balancing and alignment, then i went for same company Goodyear duraplus and same size (165/80r14).

after changed tyre, i went for long drive arround 1k kms(up& down), while going up to station giving much noise that speedometer reaches 90 kmph, eventhough i drove like that.

On return journey didnt notice that much noise, but noice is there. its ok for another 25k,

and overall mileage is also increased a bit

anyway this time got much knowledge on tyres models

thank you once again for valuable reviews.
    joyal likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I need to change my puntos michelin plcs 195/65 R15. Current set has run 30k but one tyre got a sidewall cut last week. dont want to take chances by changing just 1 tyre. I am going to replace all 4 though the 3 tyres have roughly 10k of life left.

Wanted to know if anyone has used yoko earth1 tyres of the above profile. I am getting a good deal for these tyres in a shop for 5k each inclusive of balancing/alignment with a fair buyback of 500 per piece for current ones