1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Interesting thing is when I compared the weight of Steel rims+tyre with OEM Alloys+Tyres.
    Weight of OEM Alloys + Tyre (each wheel) = 18 KG
    Weight of Steel Rims + Tyre (each wheel) = 16 KG
    Surprising that OEM alloys weight is more that steel rims.
    Felt the car is slightly lighter during accelaration compared to driving OEM alloys.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    ^^can you please tell what was the cost of steel rims and from where you got it.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Cost of steel rims - 999 per rim
    Cost of wheel cap - Linea Active - 352 per wheel cap
    Vecto Motors - Singasandra or Mysore have them in stock.
    Buy over the counter with job card created.
    Fitting wheels/caps will incur extra labour charges. Discuss with SA.
  4. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Upgraded my Linea Emotion Pack 195/60 R15 GT3 with Michelin P 3ST 195/65 R15. The GC is really good now and ride is very silent. Got the tyres via snapdeal 11/11 sale -> 4 tyres 21.6k, while in Sai Iyengar it was 6100/- per piece when enquired, but got it fitted in Sai for 300/- and 750/- for balancing and alignment, so 22.6k total damage. 9mm really makes a difference in Bangalore roads.
    sathishgv and Ravi like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Does anyone using Falken sincera sn835? How are these? Looks like we can get it cheaper than others in stores or online.

I am looking for Less noisy and good grip tyres. Not a fan of XM2 thread patterns.
  7. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Go for Bridgestone Turanza ER 60 185/70 this is having good grip & can be used on Highways & other roads.Value for money,less prone to cuts & punctures & at good price.
  8. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @bbllaazzee, Yes 9 mm really makes a big difference for me too :). We too have monster bumps in our area
  9. msuresh11

msuresh11 Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hi

due to my bad maintenance of tyres, one got useless now. one can be manageable upto 5k more. right now am using stock rims and tyres. after 10K kms i am found noise if i crossed 90kmph, i recently found that is due to goodyear tyres.

now am planing to upgrade to 185/70r14, so you guys please suggest me some models which are good, without noise, no difference in FE and longlife

if my requirement is too bad please excuse
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3