1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    I have query here regarding the tyre replacement.
    1. I have found side wall crack in one tyre should i change it or use it as spare tyre where others are running fine,i think it will run at-least 20K kms.
    pic can be found in this thread http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/minor-issues-tyres-alloys.662/page-98
    2. If change is required can i go for 185/70 R14 for only one tyre and others will be running on OEM 165/80 R14
    any issue will be there by this kind of setup in running or issue during warranty claim.
    3.Can i go for other brand for this single tyre as my current stocks are JK Tyres.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep this damaged tyre in spare wheel and try to replace all 5 with 185/70, as soon you can.
  3. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Finally got the Tyre change Done today, After reading some horror stories of Yoko SDrives in TBHP, I opted to stick to Stock profile till the next tyre change because I did not want to mess with warranty and I wanted to use one of the stock tyre as a backup which is in good condition, It can still run another 8-10K

Decision factors for Michelin P3ST

1. Reputed Brand
    2. Many folks in TFI are already using and no much complaints
    3. Good reviews in TBHP and other Forums as well

I was trying for Snapdeal link to by the Tires i could have saved overall 3K if I bought it online, But Unfortunately the tyres were sold out by the time I was trying to make payment, Finally got it changed at authorized Michelin Dealer near home. Total Damage -INR 23,800 for four tires

Got a Sony 3800 MAH Power bank as complimentary from dealer which my wife instantly liked it! She can charge phone on the move!

Here are old ones , They served me well for 32K , Its time to change

1.JPG

Welcome Michelin

2.JPG

Here she is with new shoes!

3.JPG 4.JPG

I drove the car for around 10KM after the change Impressions after change

1. Car just glides on the road, Felt steering lighter
    2. The ride is super smooth something I have never experienced before
    3. All minor rattles and humming noise is gone!
    4. I managed to drive till 120 in no time , I felt like I was driving at 80, Absolutely zero noise, Appolo's would have screeched at that speed,
    5. Just managed to negotiate one 90 degree corner, it was very inspiring

Waiting to test drive on a highway this weekend will post the feedback

Overall I am very much pleased with the purchase, I hope new Michelin's will serve me good

I would like thank fellow mates for helping me to make this decision.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
    Ravi likes this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Decent cost.
    Which dealer you bought from?

Did you get any buy-back on older tyres?
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @chandu:
    Seems like a very good upgrade and best of the lot in 195/60/r15 profile. Please provide your feedback.
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @chandu

Good that you stuck to the stock size, that is enough rubber on the road for your car. And good choice of tyres, they are completely different from the S drives. You can't compare them, they are made for different needs. I have used S drives for 15,000 odd kms.
  7. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Out of four one tyre condition was very bad, Other had a puncture thrice, so he was ready to buy only two he quoted 200 per tire,

I eventually sold two tyres for a local tyre shop which fetched me 600 bucks, luckily he bought the punctured tyre for 300, I gave the other bad tyre to him as well, I have one Tyre with me, Which I will use as backup since it is of same profile
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2014 ---
    It was not an upgrade, OEM profile was 195/60 R15 as well, As I said before the feedback within city is very good
    Ravi likes this.
  8. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input. Cost will be the deciding factor. Will try to get multiple quotes.
  9. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    At last changed my GT3 tyres with Yoko Earth1 195/65/R15 with Linea steel rims.
    Ride quality is pretty silent and good grip. Enjoying for now.
    Wheel wells are comfortable even with 5 people loaded. No touching of humps now.

2014-11-08 12.18.09.jpg

2014-11-14 08.50.53.jpg
    rishike007, Ravi and Ganges like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whitepunto
    Tire profile is perfect for punto . 8mm matters alot , tention free drive. One thing with Earth these are very noisy tires, though I was addicted to AVS Db as silent as Manmohan Singh :D
    punto_emotion likes this.