1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team Fiat - Tyre Upgrade Guide

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ravi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @chandu525, just remember that all the four tyres in the car have to be the same for good performance and mileage. If not, at least the front 2 tyres and the back 2 tyres must be the same. But the best way to get good performance and even handling is when all four tyres are of the same make and threading.

Instead of XM2, check for P3ST, it has better handling, lower noise and a good tyre. Guys in the forum would be able to help you further on the choices. Continectal MC5 is not a bad tyre either, but get a opinion on Michelin P3ST before you take a call
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ganges and pv_krish, after two days of research I have zeroed down to Michelin P3ST, Checked with Local dealers their best quote is INR 23800 for a tyre set, Now I want to know should I go for 195/60

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/mic...10_335&utm_medium=101199478&vendorCode=S8118e

or 195/65

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/michelin-primacy-3st-19565r15-91v/685061081

I would also get a 5% cashback

But I don't know about authenticity of the brand sold by SnapDeal, If they really sell the authentic Michelin Buying snapdeal is really VFM
    for these tyres
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @chandu525, stick to the stock profile, that is 195/60. It should be fine. Only after exhaustive testing a car would be given a certain profile tyres.

195/60 profile has more than enough grip to keep the car on the tarmac.
  5. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Initially I thought that I would stick to 195/60, But after a long read, I thought why not upsize a bit, I felt I that upgrade 205/55 is better up sizing than 195/65, reason because it won't touch the fenders, and I will get better road grip, I have finalized Yoko S-Drive, I did look at punto fitted with this profile tyre, They look gorgeous! , may be because of a different alloy , I thought why not try it , Mine are stock alloys.

I am only looking at the cost, I may finalize something tomorrow, as SnapDeal is running savings day tomorrow

Dear Fellow TFI'ians let me know if I am nuts to go for this profile still with extended warranty for another two years? or is this something people have tried in this forum and they are happy with the decision
  6. Ramkumar

Ramkumar Timido

Chennai
    Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I am planning to get the Evo 90 HP. Stock profile is Apollo Alnac 4g 195/55-R16. I am planning to upgrade to Michelin P3ST 205/55-R16. Is it OK or is it a over kill? These are on the expensive side as well. 10K for a tyre. 4.5K buy back of stock.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2014 ---
    Michelin does not have a P3ST 195/55-R16.
    How does the Alnac compare to P3ST? Any ideas, anyone?
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chandu I have used 195/65/15 for two years ,tried under all extreme conditions.Its Perfect.

Recently I upgraded to 205/65/15 and don't think about this profile tire.
    About warranty I never faced any issues I have replaced once with strut pads under warranty with 195/65/15 profile tire.
    whitepunto76 likes this.
  8. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Hi guyes I have upgraded to 185 /70 R 88H Bridge
    Ravi likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Apollo Alnac 4G is nice tyre itself, unless very particular about silent tyres, you can continue with Apollo.
    This 195/55 on 16" is not common tyre size and not sure how many tyres are available in this size.

Though, 205/55 is perfect upgrade, from 195/55 on R16.

Best size on 14" tyre, for Punto.
  10. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Guys I have changed my 165 JK's to Bridgestone Turanza ER 60- 185/70 R 14 88 H. At Darshan Tyres Kothrud Pune @Rs.4300/- each, plus Rs.500/- for weights valves & alignment in all. I got Rs.600/- for old ones a small amount. A good service from Darshan.I opted this tyre as my travelling is 50:50 on highways & other roads. I avoided the soft tyres. After the change I tested the Punto for 40 kms. A good ride indeed.The stability, speed & braking improved. Noise is also reduced.My confidence above 100 km improved. I should have changed to 185's before.
    P.S. I have kept the Tyre pressure 32 in each Tyre no bumps & good pressure.