1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Team FIAT (TFI) Official OEM ICE upgrade guide v3

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by PaddleShifter, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @yashik: That photo is not clicked by me :(, a friend of mine clicked it with mobile when we were searching for connection cords. I used that photo to give the details.
    Also a lot of information that I shared in past is scattered around. I appreciate you coming up with this thread, i will try to merge those details too, all feel free to copy my posts from other threads to this. Also you can link few of my thread in the opening post, like Blaupunkt Tha 555 Pnp thread, DIY Amplifier tunning etc some of this threads have some good details and would be helpfull to others.

Getting back to topic, ISO PIN A point 7 gives Power on Ignition, a connection from this to remote power on ignition has to be used. I hope this helps.
    4611d1296238013-ice-considerations-pinout-diag-jpg.jpg
    prihir likes this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Viny, actually those are separate topics, thus I did not cover them. This thread has just got ONE single purpose,

i.e. to make new members understand the basics of FIAT's ICE and weak points and how to proceed with various options. Rest of the info like various brands etc has to be seen in the ICE section for which I have given link. There are so may useful threads so either I will have to give link of all or none. The whole ICE section is worth reading..
  3. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you so much all of you.the problem is that am not using any adaptors or special connecting cables.just drawn line from front speaker connection for supplying the high level inputs.anyway i will try the pin7 of A and let you know if it works.once again thank you so much all of you for your prompt help
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I saw , many speakers that 2 way / 3 way co-axial speakers....what mean by 2 way/ 3 way ??? which is better for listenning ??
    1 person likes this.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Its just split of frequencies from individual components fitted on same co-axial speakers.
  6. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

But which is better for listenning (as well as price point of views) ?
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Woofer = low frequencies
    Tweeter= high frequencies
    Mid Range = mid range frequencies

2 way consists of a woofer and a tweeter.
    3 way consists of a woofer, tweeter and a mid range.
    4 way consists of a woofer, mid range and 2 tweeters. Sound quality is almost same as 3 way speaker only. Its just a marketing gimmick similar to 26 and 32 inch Full HD TVs being promoted over 720p HD TVs. Full HD is not required for TV size 32 or below.

I rate 3 way coaxials as the best coaxs.
    1 person likes this.
  8. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Planning to upgrade speakers for Linea MJD Em PK, Pls help in selecting

Hi All,

I own a Linea MJD em pk since 2009 sept and clocked 45K till date.(Everything is fine and as good as new,15 in city,21 in highway).
    From the day 1, I wanted to upgrade the speakers but did not do it till date !
    Now I am planning to upgrade the speakers and was searching for a good and VFM speakers.
    Currently I am in US and there are good offers on speakers in amazon and buy.com.
    I have zeroed in on a set given below, please let me know whether the set is fine and better than the stock (expecting 30% better sound with some bass effect, as the stock spk bass is very dissapointing), also comment whether the prices are ok.

1.Front Doors - Power Bass S6C 6.5", 4 ohm, 35w rms, depth 2.25" - Price 40$- Inr 2K
    2.Rear Doors - Rockford Fosgate Prime R152, co axial, 5.25", 35w rms, 4 ohm - Price 40$- Inr 2K

Total it will cost me 4K, Are this good enough for the price.
    Pics attached. any comment are welcome.

Pics RockfordFosgate_Prime_R152_5-25inch_35w_rms_4ohm.jpg PB_S6C_6-5in_4ohm_35wt_rms_depth2-25Inch.JPG

PB_S6C_6-5in_4ohm_35wt_rms_depth2-25Inch.jpg
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    PowerBass is just an 'OK' set of speakers *avoid them if possible*, I got them installed initially, but after 1 week of hearing, exchanged for better components (Kicker brand)..see my ownership review you will find some details..
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore

Thanks for the info.